mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User Arps from MOX to MOXF"

Posted on: November 20, 2015 @ 11:51 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I’m in process of moving stuff from my MOX8 to new MOXF6. So far most everything transfers fine, links up with the correct sound bank, etc.

Only trouble I’ve found is that some User Arps did not transfer. On some All files it was fine, on another some User Arps seem to disappear.

On one ALL file, the User Arps are there. So it will work, I’m just confused. Maybe I didn’t save the Arps correctly while I was still on the MOX. I’m a little confused by the Arp heirarchy anyway. They are part of the sequencer I presume and share properties with Patterns and Songs.

Since I’ve got it (quite accidentally) to work once, I’m thinking it’s just a procedural error I’m making. But I’d like to understand for future because I intend to keep using and programming things on the MOX, then just move them to the MOXF and pretty much leave them identical. So I’d like to streamline things best I can. 

Any tips here?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2015 @ 01:46 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I think I figured it out. Pilot error mostly. But I come to find out that All Arp file can’t be opened, you just Load them as is into your current state.

Did I hear that there is some software out there that converts everything MOXF to MOX if need be?  I’ve already come to find that the Melas software has to be specific version. So to use Melas I have to remain in MOX to do all the heavy lifting, programming Masters and re-arranging Perfs, etc. then save and move things over by re-opening on the MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX/XF/MO8 Action
Next Topic:

Motif XS Sounds ››