mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drum samples will not sound in a drum voice?"

Posted on: November 08, 2015 @ 06:30 PM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Hi there, I’ve some problems with drum samples.
Put them in a user drum voice and they work fine.
In order to use the arpeggiator I copied a drum voice to a user drum place, than replaced the waveforms/samples of the drum sounds used in the arpeggiator. For one sound this works fine (bass drum sample), but all the other sounds (snare, Hi hat samples etc) the sounds suddenly will not sound, the arp has ‘open spaces’ (the samples snare drum will not sound in the drum voice, with or withouten the arpeggiator on).

I put together a drum voice full of (classic) drum samples, it all works fine. When I replace only a couple of sounds in an existing drum voice, most samples suddenly don’t sound anymore. Maybe Some settings I overlook?

Thanks for any help, tips, etc!
Kond regards, Michiel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2015 @ 02:37 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Maybe you have use the same samples for several drum voices. In that case if you have deleted one voice and its samples, that could affect another voice that uses at least one sample as deleted voice.
That’s why you could either hear nothing or your sound is weird, since it is lack for part of the sound.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2015 @ 04:19 PM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

Thanks Alex, but I just found out what was causing the problem.
When I replace a pre drum sample the user drum sample will not sound at all .... when the pitch of the sample is not set to 0 (zero) in the drum voice. When I set the pitch to 0, then the sample will sound just fine.
Changing the pitch of a preset drum sample in a drum voice works fine, but changimg the pitch of an imported drum sample in the same drum voice ‘silences’ the user sample....

Hope this helps for others who experience this ‘disappearing samples’ ...  :  )

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2015 @ 05:00 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Michiel D - 14 November 2015 04:19 PM

[...]When I replace a pre drum sample the user drum sample will not sound at all .... when the pitch of the sample is not set to 0 (zero) in the drum voice. When I set the pitch to 0, then the sample will sound just fine.
Changing the pitch of a preset drum sample in a drum voice works fine, but changimg the pitch of an imported drum sample in the same drum voice ‘silences’ the user sample....

If you’d like to change the pitch of your User Drum sample, then the Range of the KeyBank has to be sufficient to cover how far you want to retune. The default is C3-C3 - that is, the “Range” is only a single note. If you changed that key, but it’s still only one note, then changing the tuning will still silence it.

The simple cure is to increase the Range. See [F4]RANGE on page 256 of the ES Owner’s Manual (Sampling Edit begins on the preceding page).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2015 @ 06:18 AM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

Thanks for the extra info, 5pinDIN, but I don’t want to change the pitch of my imported drum samples, just want to hear them when I place them in a (user) drum voice ( ;
When the originale drum voice sample has a ‘changed pitch’ and you replace it with one of your own drum samples, you will not hear this sample unless you change the pitch back to “0"…
Thanks anyway, some might a;lso want to change the pitch of imported samples :  )

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ sq01 with motif es
Next Topic:

SKB-5014W ata flight case and ES-7? ››