mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Splitting Parts in Song Mode"

Posted on: October 10, 2015 @ 11:34 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I know how to split 1 to 4 Parts across the keyboard in Performance mode. I’m wondering if there’s a way to accomplish the same thing (I expect it might be different programming) in Song mode?  I would like to set up a few Songs that are basically my Favorite Voices, and also some favorite splits/layer combinations.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2015 @ 01:39 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
muscarella - 10 October 2015 11:34 PM

I know how to split 1 to 4 Parts across the keyboard in Performance mode. I’m wondering if there’s a way to accomplish the same thing (I expect it might be different programming) in Song mode?  I would like to set up a few Songs that are basically my Favorite Voices, and also some favorite splits/layer combinations.

In MIXING Mode...a sub-Mode of SONG or PATTERN Modes...there is a MIXING JOB called PERFORM(Performance), which allows you to Copy a PERFORMANCE into a SONG(MIXING).

Go to page 121 of the MOX Reference Manual to check out this JOB.

Note that when you move (COPY) a PERFORMANCE into a SONG or PATTERN MIXING, the (4) PARTS are assigned...by default...to the same MIDI Receive Channel. 

In order to have all (4) PARTS of the MIXING sound simultaneously, they must be on the same MIDI receive channel.

Note that you are not limited to the (4) PARTS maximum in SONG or PATTERN Modes that you are limited to in PERFORMANCE Mode.  Up to 16 PARTS are available.  You could have (6) PARTS in a MIXING sounding simultaneously...for example...as long as each PART is on the same MIDI Receive Channel.

If you only need to use (1) of the sounds at a time, they could alternatively be set to separate MIDI channels, and then selected as needed by pressing the appropriate PART button on the front panel. (Are you familiar with This Article?)

In addition to the PERFORMANCE COPY JOB in MIXING Mode, you could alternatively just start with an initialized SONG (or PATTERN), press MIXING, and bring in the VOICES (PARTS) desired individually.  In this case, you would need to set the MIDI Receive Channel for each PART individually, to a common Channel.

See page 117 of the Manual for help in assigning a MIDI Receive Channel to a PART.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2015 @ 03:00 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

Or, instead of copying a Performance into a Mix, you can create the splits right from within Mix mode, as cmayhle also described at http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/476068/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording audio in a DAW.
Next Topic:

Trading Up from MOX ››