mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading arpeggios"

Posted on: October 10, 2015 @ 12:35 PM
Tompa
Total Posts:  10
Joined  08-03-2015

How can I load arpeggios (bought or someone else’s) into Motif XS?
There is no such file option!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2015 @ 08:43 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Tompa - 10 October 2015 12:35 PM

How can I load arpeggios (bought or someone else’s) into Motif XS?
There is no such file option!

Files with the extension .X0G are XS “all arpeggio” type. If you have such a file, it can certainly be loaded. See page 280 of the XS Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2015 @ 12:04 PM
Tompa
Joined  08-03-2015

Thanks a lot for your reply. So if I want to save just my arpeggios (and maybe share) how do a do that? Or is that even possible?
Tommy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2015 @ 07:04 PM
SonicOne
Total Posts:  15
Joined  02-18-2007

Tompa.  5pinDIN already gave you the answer.  Save your arps as; filename.X0G and your arps will be saved.  Then you could post your xxxxxxx.XOG file here to share your arps with the forum if you’d like

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2015 @ 08:50 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Tompa - 11 October 2015 12:04 PM

Thanks a lot for your reply. So if I want to save just my arpeggios (and maybe share) how do a do that? Or is that even possible?
Tommy

You’re welcome. Yes, you can save Type “all arpeggio” files, as per page 278 of the Owner’s Manual.

As far as sharing is concerned…
SonicOne is correct - if you create your own arps and wish to share them, that’s certainly possible. .X0G files can be zipped and attached to Motifator posts. However, please don’t “share” copies of arps (or Voices, etc.) from commercial sources.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2015 @ 04:47 AM
Tompa
Joined  08-03-2015

Thanks all! Stupid of me- I should have checked the manual first instead of taking up your time. But you are most kind and now I know the procedure. I mainly make drum arpeggios that I actually miss (!) in the XS, although there are so many and so good.  It is drum patterns for specific songs or some real simple, straight ones that I couldn´t find.
I might share them when I´ve done a dozen or two.
One last (?) question: Is there a way to alter the onboard arpeggios like changing an indivdual drum stroke?
Tompa

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2015 @ 02:21 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

The only way (on MOX) I’ve found to do that is to Record the Arpeggio to a Song or Pattern, make changes, overdub, whatever, then turn the measures into a User Arp (via the JOB menu) and assign them back into your Performance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2015 @ 04:03 AM
Tompa
Joined  08-03-2015

Thanks Muscarella! That is also my conclusion. And it works. Thanks all for your kind assistance!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ last XS OS
Next Topic:

help - where is all the performance? ››