mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using TEC Breath Controller"

Posted on: October 05, 2015 @ 08:57 PM
chris_s
Total Posts:  26
Joined  10-15-2011

This subject has been raised before but never had a definitive answer. The last one I could find is here.

Even though TEC hasn’t verified that it will work with the Motif, it seems that the technology is relatively straightforward and should work. Has anyone tried this device with any Motif or tried any other non-Yamaha breath Controllers with the Motif (preferably the XF)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2015 @ 05:29 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If you mean will it work if you plug it into the Motif’s USB port the answer is NO.

The Korg Kronos supports connecting class compliant MIDI controllers over USB but almost no other synthesizer does. There are ways to make it work but they require another piece of equipment, like your computer or an iConnect.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2015 @ 08:56 AM
chris_s
Joined  10-15-2011

Thanks for the info. Saves me finding out the hard way.

Just to complete my understanding of this, if this device was able to connect to the midi ports, would it then work? If I was able to use a USB to midi cable and run it in reverse (i.e. connect the device to the cable - usb to usb and then plug the midi cables into the Motif) is there any likelyhood that would work?

Can the BC3A be connected to the XF successfully (and if so how /where does it connect)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2015 @ 09:07 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
chris_s - 07 October 2015 08:56 AM

[...]If I was able to use a USB to midi cable and run it in reverse (i.e. connect the device to the cable - usb to usb and then plug the midi cables into the Motif) is there any likelyhood that would work?

No.

chris_s -

Can the BC3A be connected to the XF successfully (and if so how /where does it connect)?

See http://www.midisolutions.com/prodbth.htm

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2015 @ 10:27 AM
chris_s
Joined  10-15-2011

I did some more looking online and here are some additional options that I found:

MRT Audio
http://stores.ebay.com/mrtaudio?_trksid=p2047675.l2563MRT Audio on Ebay
Video - Using it on MOXF

New-Type ID;001
This seems to incorporate a good idea for mounting on a mic stand. It’s currently custom / hand made. Don’t know if this would work on Motif.
ID;001
This is in Japanese but the actual demo is very nice
Demo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2015 @ 01:49 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

I havee MIDI Solutions BC3 to MIDI converter. It works with my Rack XS and MOXF.
I bought it since I have BC3a used with Motif ES and VL plugin board and want to still
use this nice controller with newer equipment. For connection it uses 5pin MIDI.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2015 @ 04:38 PM
merv78
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-24-2013
chris_s - 05 October 2015 08:57 PM

This subject has been raised before but never had a definitive answer. The last one I could find is here.

Even though TEC hasn’t verified that it will work with the Motif, it seems that the technology is relatively straightforward and should work. Has anyone tried this device with any Motif or tried any other non-Yamaha breath Controllers with the Motif (preferably the XF)?

TEControl also makes another breath controller model, which has a MIDI out with traditional DIN connector, which will surely work on the Motif:

http://www.tecontrol.se/products/uni-midi-breath-controller

[ Ignore ]