mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Someone please help me urgent!!!"

Posted on: September 17, 2015 @ 05:07 PM
printer221
Total Posts:  26
Joined  08-05-2015

I am trying to control my motif ES with a Korg Krome through Midi. I just can’t figure out how to get the Korg Krome to connect with the motif. Can anyone please help me?  This is urgent I am playing a service tomorrow.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2015 @ 07:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The basics…
Connect the Korg’s MIDI-Out to the Motif’s MIDI-In. In Utility mode, MIDI IN/OUT has to be set to “MIDI” (see page 265 of the ES Owner’s Manual). The Korg’s MIDI transmit channel has to match the Motif’s MIDI receive channel (page 263 of the manual).

The details…
The rest all depends on what in the ES you’re trying to control with the Korg. Is it an ES Voice, Performance, etc.?

I know very little about the Krome, so if you’re having a problem with that end of things I’m not going to be able to help much.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2015 @ 10:23 AM
printer221
Joined  08-05-2015

Yes, it’s actually from the Korg Krome end. It’s not as simple as the motif as just plugging it in unfortunately.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2015 @ 01:05 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Sorry.  Just noticed this message now.

I don’t own a Krome, but Korg’s have a Combi mode where you can set things up for controlling external devices.  Be sure to define a Combi with external MIDI turned on, and for the MIDI Channel to match the ES.  I don’t know, but it’s possible MIDI Out is not sent when you are in voice mode, requiring you to be in Combi Mode if you want to use an external device.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2015 @ 03:22 PM
printer221
Joined  08-05-2015
SSquared - 18 September 2015 01:05 PM

Sorry.  Just noticed this message now.

I don’t own a Krome, but Korg’s have a Combi mode where you can set things up for controlling external devices.  Be sure to define a Combi with external MIDI turned on, and for the MIDI Channel to match the ES.  I don’t know, but it’s possible MIDI Out is not sent when you are in voice mode, requiring you to be in Combi Mode if you want to use an external device.

I think Korg is way more complicated than Yamaha in regards to MIDI. So what I am going to try is setting the MIDI channel on the Korg in Global settings to, for example, “2” and the Timbre channel to “EXT 2” on channel “2,” while having the receiving channel on the Motif to “2,” does that sound about right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2015 @ 06:39 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Yes, that sounds about right.  You want the Combi on EXT not INT and also assign to your MIDI Channel, in this case Channel 2.  That should work.  Also keep in mind what 5pinDIN mentioned regarding setting the ES MIDI In/OUT to MIDI in the Utility Mode.

You don’t necessarily need to set your Korg to Global Channel 2.  By using the Combi and setting an EXTernal MIDI Channel to the same as your ES, it should work.  There may also be a setting in the Krome as to whether or not to send external MIDI data on the Global channel.

I have a Korg 01/wfd and am trying to remember how that all works.  I know they are many years apart, but often, the workflow on some of this stuff remains similar.

I used the 01/wfd as a controller to a Yamaha Rack-XS for about two years.

Just to be sure, you are using MIDI cables, not USB?  Have you tried a different MIDI cable?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ no sound output from my ES7... PLEASE HELP!!!
Next Topic:

Help editing octaves of a Voice ››