mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Steel Drum Voice Turns Sour After Saving"

Posted on: September 14, 2015 @ 11:52 PM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

Hey Guys. This one’s definitely weird. Okay, so I modified Multi 003 (Soul Spirit) to use the GM Steel Drums voice (115), and it sounds great—that is, until I save it. Then the steel drums sound terrible almost like they’re out of tune, or more like sour grapes. I’ve checked every setting I can think of, and even tried saving the voice to a User bank, but still can’t figure out what’s causing this to happen. Fixing it is as simple as editing the multi and re selecting the voice (up one then back), but just not save it!

Has anyone run into this before?

Tony G.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2015 @ 12:10 AM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

O.K. Guys, I wa able to solve this one on my own. As luck would have it, I was playing around with the ADSR sliders on my Artutia MIDI controller, and discovered that I could reproduce the “sour grapes” effect by tweaking the AEG Decay setting past +10! So I compensated for the problem (apparently caused by the sensitive KeyLab sliders) by setting the AEG Decay to -10. I also decided to lock my ADSR settings down by turning off CC on the RcvSw page for all voices.

Man, I am stoked!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Preserving voice effects in multi mode?
Next Topic:

Motif XS Rack Cubase Key ››