mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Celtic Pipes"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: September 01, 2015 @ 02:08 PM
TiasDad
Total Posts:  45
Joined  04-12-2014

This maybe should be directed at Dave Polich but other’s that have tried it may be able to tell me if there are any compatibility issues with loading this Motif XF library into the MoXF

many thanks in advance :)
Gary

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 08:00 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

Gary,
I purchased the Bolder Celtic Pipes XF from YamahaMusicSoft the last time they had a sale.

From the Manual -
Thank you for purchasing the “Celtic Pipes XF” library for the XS. This sound library contains approx. 29 MB of new samples, and can be loaded to a nonflashboard equipped “regular” Motif XF, or to a Motif XF with the optional flashboard installed.

No mention is made of the MOXF and you would also need a flashboard for the samples.
The 32 voices and 32 performances are loaded to User 4.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 08:06 AM
jimbowal
Joined  06-13-2014

I should have also mentioned that the file is 28MB CelticPipesXF.n3.X3A :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 09:18 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
TiasDad - 01 September 2015 02:08 PM

This maybe should be directed at Dave Polich but other’s that have tried it may be able to tell me if there are any compatibility issues with loading this Motif XF library into the MoXF

I could dive into this, but especially after some of the above posts, I’m disinclined.

Why not send a PM to Dave Polich, referring him to this thread?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 10:13 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

[Edited to remove a now superfluous quote.]

I’ll “simply” stand by my suggestion to PM Dave Polich.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 12:23 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi,

One real easy way to manage files like this and samples in general is to use the Waveform Editor from John Melas. You can import the .X3A file, and make sure the voices are not in User Bank 4. Then you can create an .X3V file (all voice) with only the slots you need for the new voices filled and thus can avoid over writing any User Voices you have on the MOXF. Since its an .X3V file it will also not over write any Performances/Songs/Patterns/Masters.

You can basically do all this from the Menu on the MOXF the Waveform editor just makes it really easy and far less time consuming.

Also, my understanding is that the MOXF will load Motif files in general so anything for the Motif XF can be loaded onto the MOXF as long it as it has a flash board with adequate space for samples and the Voices are not directed to User Bank 4. If they are they can just be re-routed from the MOXF menu. This article explains how to do it from the menu:

https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=481:loading-motif-xf-chick-corea-to-a-moxf

Again, the Melas Waveform Editor just makes the whole process much simpler. Another cool feature is that if you buy mutiple 3rd party Voice/Sample Libraries you can use the Waveform Editor to consolidate them all into one file so you can install them all in one shot.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 01:22 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Hello!  Lady behind the desk again…

Here at the Motifator.com Forums, we will NOT tolerate people insulting each other.  Its just that simple. This is not the place for that crap!

I’m talking to EVERYONE (in my really stern voice) when I say this…

If you can’t speak nicely to one another, I recommend you find another free forum where they will embrace that type of childish behavior.  This place is for learning, educating and supporting people in their musical ventures.  Quite honestly, its a pretty amazing forum/site if you think about it.  So lets keep the negativity out, shall we?

Unless you are adding a helpful comment on this original question, I respectfully ask you keep your replies to yourself.  I have a whip and know how to use it.

Any bitching or hate mail can be sent to me direct at: .

Rachel @ Keyfax

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 03:27 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
admin - 02 September 2015 01:22 PM

I have a whip and know how to use it.

Dibs on shotgun.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 03:35 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Hello!  Lady behind the desk again…

Here at the Motifator.com Forums, we will NOT tolerate people insulting each other.  Its just that simple. This is not the place for that crap!

I’m talking to EVERYONE (in my really stern voice) when I say this…

I hope that “EVERYONE” wasn’t meant literally. I’ve made every effort to be civil in my posts (and I believe the same can be said for many other forum members), even when sorely tempted to respond otherwise (I’m only human, after all :-) ).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 03:37 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 02 September 2015 03:27 PM

I have a whip and know how to use it.

Dibs on shotgun.

Does that include other moderating “privileges”?  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 03:44 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

If I didn’t include the word EVERYONE in my posting, then I’d be called out for being unfair (silly right?).

Its pretty clear (at least to me), who seems to continually stir the pot and I will continue to delete those posts (which I have done today).

The people that add value and insight to this forum (which absolutely includes yourself 5pinDIN, and SO many others), obviously need not worry about my whip. (unless of course you are into that sort of thing, then I’ve got my eyes on you!! :))

Thank you for being part of such a wonderful community. 

Rachel @ Keyfax

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 03:56 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
5pinDIN - 02 September 2015 03:37 PM

Does that include other moderating “privileges”?  ;-)

We can only hope. I’m getting a Fifty Shades vibe here. Might make for a good song.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 03:58 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
admin - 02 September 2015 03:44 PM

If I didn’t include the word EVERYONE in my posting, then I’d be called out for being unfair (silly right?).

Its pretty clear (at least to me), who seems to continually stir the pot and I will continue to delete those posts (which I have done today).

The people that add value and insight to this forum (which absolutely includes yourself 5pinDIN, and SO many others), obviously need not worry about my whip. (unless of course you are into that sort of thing, then I’ve got my eyes on you!! :))

Thank you for being part of such a wonderful community. 

Rachel @ Keyfax

Thanks for the humor Rachel, well timed. It’s been a long day.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 04:20 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Never mind.  :-)

Some things just get lost in translation/interpretation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2015 @ 03:40 PM
TiasDad
Total Posts:  45
Joined  04-12-2014

Thank you ALL for the replies ;-)

I think I may give it a try :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2015 @ 02:49 AM
jimbowal
Joined  06-13-2014

Gary,

To answer your OP, there should be no compatibility problems.
However, you will need a flash expansion board for the samples and follow 5pinDIN’s comments about the 1BankVoice as per this thread -
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/475863

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Please Help with "Play list"
Next Topic:

MOXF FLASH BOARD QUESTIONS ››