mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need sampling help with two issues"

Posted on: August 27, 2015 @ 08:02 PM
Jazzplayer7
Total Posts:  66
Joined  01-20-2008

On my xf I have a 1gb flash board. Before I purchased it, I used the on board 128mb memory to load the 2nd bank of inspiration in a flash that contains the s700, power and jazz grands. But the problem is now when I try to load just that one bank to the 1gb flash rom, it won’t let me. I have to load the entire thing. So I need help with that.

Also I want to take sounds from the motif es and save them to the xf, but maintain the sound they had on the es.

Are those doable? Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2015 @ 09:39 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Jazzplayer7 - 27 August 2015 08:02 PM

On my xf I have a 1gb flash board. Before I purchased it, I used the on board 128mb memory to load the 2nd bank of inspiration in a flash that contains the s700, power and jazz grands. But the problem is now when I try to load just that one bank to the 1gb flash rom, it won’t let me. I have to load the entire thing. So I need help with that.

Would you describe what you’re doing in some detail, and how “it won’t let” you?

Jazzplayer7 -

Also I want to take sounds from the motif es and save them to the xf, but maintain the sound they had on the es.

This is about a good as it gets:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/converting_motif_es_and_mo6_mo8_data_to_the_motif_xs_and_motif_xf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2015 @ 10:40 PM
Jazzplayer7
Joined  01-20-2008

Ok thanks for link.

with first issue, when I call up the sound bank and select user bank 2 it’s there but it doesn’t show me the option to select it. Then if I move over to entire file it allows me to select it and save.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2015 @ 11:04 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Jazzplayer7 - 27 August 2015 10:40 PM

Ok thanks for link.

You’re welcome.

Jazzplayer7 -

with first issue, when I call up the sound bank and select user bank 2 it’s there but it doesn’t show me the option to select it. Then if I move over to entire file it allows me to select it and save.

I think I got that - see if this helps:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470340/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2015 @ 11:10 PM
Jazzplayer7
Joined  01-20-2008

Thanks. Just to confirm I think i’m a bit confused on bringing in sounds from the motif es. Don’t I have to sample them into the xf?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2015 @ 11:24 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

What I linked to uses the XF’s Waveforms to come close (in most cases) to the ES Voices. If that’s not sufficient, then yes, you’ll need to sample the ES. That can be quite a task…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2015 @ 03:20 PM
Jazzplayer7
Joined  01-20-2008

The first issue has been fixed. I followed the steps and was able to load just the one bank onto my flash board. Thank you so much!

Yes I do want to sample the sounds into the xf. Can you show the steps to do it? I’m willing to learn.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2015 @ 10:23 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Jazzplayer7 - 28 August 2015 03:20 PM

The first issue has been fixed. I followed the steps and was able to load just the one bank onto my flash board. Thank you so much!

You’re very welcome.

Jazzplayer7 -

Yes I do want to sample the sounds into the xf. Can you show the steps to do it? I’m willing to learn.

I can offer some suggestions, but first I have a couple of questions.

1) Have you done any sampling on the XF? (Not necessarily of the ES, just in general.)

2) Have you tried loading the ES Voices I linked to? If so, which do you think aren’t close enough to the original, and in what way?

[ Ignore ]