mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Questions on the use of Yamaha XF Flash board."

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 11:51 PM
carlossergio
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-20-2012

Hello Peoples,

I have a Yamaha model MOXF keyboard and use a Yamaha XF board 512MB Flash. I have saved some voices and patterns in different memory banks in my keyboard. However, I would like to copy a particular pattern or voice to another memory group. Is it possible ?
For example, could you copy a pattern developed for the song “Jump” Van Halen, for example, recorded in the memory 1 (bank 1) for a memory 2 (bank 2) ?

Note: I have to access the options “File” and “Load” to change the memory bank in my MOXF. Perhaps it would be possible for me to copy a certain desired pattern to a storage area on the keyboard to be read and recorded by another memory bank?

Please someone help me?

Thank you !

Carlos (Brazil)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 01:44 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
carlossergio - 25 August 2015 11:51 PM

Hello Peoples,

I have a Yamaha model MOXF keyboard and use a Yamaha XF board 512MB Flash. I have saved some voices and patterns in different memory banks in my keyboard. However, I would like to copy a particular pattern or voice to another memory group. Is it possible ?
For example, could you copy a pattern developed for the song “Jump” Van Halen, for example, recorded in the memory 1 (bank 1) for a memory 2 (bank 2) ?

Note: I have to access the options “File” and “Load” to change the memory bank in my MOXF. Perhaps it would be possible for me to copy a certain desired pattern to a storage area on the keyboard to be read and recorded by another memory bank?

Please someone help me?

Thank you !

Carlos (Brazil)

Yes, that is called a JOB.

In the case of a PATTERN, it is called a COPY PATTERN Job.

See page 110 of the MOXF Reference Manual:

[F6] PATTERN (Pattern Job)

You can use this JOB to COPY a PATTERN from one USER location to another.

You can do the same thing with a VOICE, using a VOICE JOB.  See page 52 of the MOXF Reference Manual:

[F3] COPY

BTW, none of this involves your Flash Board… unless there is sample or waveform data involved… but none of what is contained in your post suggests that is the case.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 08:42 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If you just want to copy a Voice, etc., as-is, to another User location…
Press [STORE]
Select a Destination (bank and number)
Press [ENTER].

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Separate MIDI Receive Channel for Performance or Master
Next Topic:

Vintage Keys ››