mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Separate MIDI Receive Channel for Performance or Master"

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 05:47 PM
Leigh B
Total Posts:  213
Joined  02-04-2005

Hi folks,

I have recently bought a MOXF6 (I used to have an XS7, which was a great instrument, but for gigging and rehearsal, it becomes a chore lugging such a big instrument about)

I’m actually really loving this little lightweight board!!

The scenario I have is that I also use an older Yamaha S30 live and as an example, would like to have a Clav controlled by the S30 and at the same time, have a brass part played on the MOXF6 - both using the MOXF tone generator, but the clav controlled by the S30.

I was thinking if I could MIDI OUT from the S30 to the MIDI IN on the MOXF6, but using a certain MIDI channel (e.g 16, but it doesn’t matter, as long as it is not the global receive channel on the MOXF6, as I still would like to use the S30 for some songs live).

I have looked under the performance, and can only see MIDI Transmit Channel, at least under Master Mode.

Can this be achieved, or am I just better off using the slightly cheesy clav sound on the S30 for covering Superstition ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 05:57 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Leigh B - 25 August 2015 05:47 PM

Hi folks,

I have recently bought a MOXF6 (I used to have an XS7, which was a great instrument, but for gigging and rehearsal, it becomes a chore lugging such a big instrument about)

I’m actually really loving this little lightweight board!!

The scenario I have is that I also use an older Yamaha S30 live and as an example, would like to have a Clav controlled by the S30 and at the same time, have a brass part played on the MOXF6 - both using the MOXF tone generator, but the clav controlled by the S30.

I was thinking if I could MIDI OUT from the S30 to the MIDI IN on the MOXF6, but using a certain MIDI channel (e.g 16, but it doesn’t matter, as long as it is not the global receive channel on the MOXF6, as I still would like to use the S30 for some songs live).

I have looked under the performance, and can only see MIDI Transmit Channel, at least under Master Mode.

Can this be achieved, or am I just better off using the slightly cheesy clav sound on the S30 for covering Superstition ;-)

RECEIVE Channel is a MIXING Mode PART Edit...which is associated with either SONG or PATTERN Mode.

See page 117 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

Do you know that you can move a PERFORMANCE into either SONG or PATTERN Mode, which will then give you the flexibility of MIXING Mode?

This Thread should be helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 04:05 PM
Leigh B
Total Posts:  213
Joined  02-04-2005

Many thanks for your response cmayhle!!  That’s just what I was looking for!! :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arpeggio specific notes / pattern
Next Topic:

Questions on the use of Yamaha XF Flash board. ››