mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS Rack Editor and Patch Volumes in Multis seem to keep resetting"

Posted on: August 22, 2015 @ 12:00 AM
PatAzz
Total Posts:  57
Joined  01-25-2011

I seem to remember this being discussed previously, but it’s happening to me again and I can’t figure out what the deal is.

When I play live I use the Rack XS, with multis for keyboard splits, etc. That way as long as I have any 88 key keyboard all my sounds are there.

In programming the Multis through the Editor (PC) I often have to turn the default volume of the patches up (knob at the bottom of the patch window) from 50-something to @ 100, and then adjust accordingly (down if there are layers, up if it’s a solo sound that needs to cut through).

1. I change the individual patch volume in the editor
2. Confirm that it’s reflected on they XS rack (it’s louder).
3. Save it in the XS rack
4. Change to another patch
5. Come back to the original patch, and the volume is back down to 50-something.

Is there something I’m missing? It’s frustrating, and I seem to remember it being an easy fix…

Hopefully someone with more experience has run into this and can tell me the fix.

Pat

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2015 @ 01:48 AM
PatAzz
Joined  01-25-2011

I think I found the answer in one of my earlier posts.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/453138/

I’ll try to confirm it in the morning… hopefully as I have gig @ 3 pm tomorrow :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2015 @ 09:58 PM
PatAzz
Joined  01-25-2011

So this didn’t work for me.

I even tried to save the patch as a new patch with the higher value, save the patch, update it in the Multi (the user patch, not the preset that it was based upon), and saved the multi.

Any ideas?

Pat

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2015 @ 11:08 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Perhaps reviewing this thread will help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/455774/

If not, please post again. Try to use terminology as Yamaha does - it really makes it easier for us to help you.

[ Ignore ]