mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User Slots for Motif ES"

Posted on: August 19, 2015 @ 12:44 PM
printer221
Total Posts:  26
Joined  08-05-2015

Is there a way that I can fill user slots that are taking up a lot of RAM memory with blank ones or with something that’s small in size in order to reduce the memory being taken up by the samples?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2015 @ 03:42 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
printer221 - 19 August 2015 12:44 PM

Is there a way that I can fill user slots that are taking up a lot of RAM memory with blank ones or with something that’s small in size in order to reduce the memory being taken up by the samples?

No “user slots” “are taking up a lot of RAM memory”. User Voices, Performances, and Masters are stored in the internal flash ROM. Any associated samples are stored in optional DIMMs. If you’re referring to the DIMMs, just don’t load samples you don’t need.

There will always be some Voice/Performance/Master data, even if it’s default values. Initialized Voices (etc.) use the same amount of flash ROM memory as ones that are otherwise programmed.

You seem to be concerned about memory usage, since this is your second post about it. In a previous one…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/475758/
...I referred you to the manual pages that cover how memory is used in the ES. Do you have questions about that? Do you have a specific issue concerning running out of memory or User locations that I didn’t already address?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2015 @ 04:23 PM
printer221
Total Posts:  26
Joined  08-05-2015

Thank you for replying. Well I just noticed that since I have about 400 mb of samples it takes a while to start up (15 to 20 minutes). So I was wondering if I could decrease the space being taken up without necessarily touching the samples.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Original Motif ES Cds
Next Topic:

Piano sample recommendations needed by new ES-7 owner ››