mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mixing Mode questions"

Posted on: August 08, 2015 @ 12:24 AM
Cindy Jon
Total Posts:  16
Joined  10-14-2009

Here’s my question:  When I copy a voice into Song Mixing Mode, it still sounds very different than the individual Voice sound, even though I turned on the “voice with parameter” setting before moving the Voice over.  Plus, none of the arps work from the mixing mode. Any help is appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2015 @ 01:31 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
IvoryKat - 08 August 2015 12:24 AM

Here’s my question:  When I copy a voice into Song Mixing Mode, it still sounds very different than the individual Voice sound, even though I turned on the “voice with parameter” setting before moving the Voice over.  Plus, none of the arps work from the mixing mode. Any help is appreciated.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/475508

Click on all the links suggested by forum members,

Also, This Thread discusses turning on arpeggios manually when using Voice with Parameter.

Cheers.

[Edited:  Replaced second thread with one specifically addressing arp issue]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 09, 2015 @ 01:00 AM
samson8884
Total Posts:  39
Joined  09-10-2012

The most common reason for this is because the insert effects switch for that PART is not turned on. The insert effects are very important and provide character to a particular VOICE. Make sure that you have this switch turned on for the PART you have selected. You can have only 3 PARTS (out of 16 in SONG mode) recall their insert effects. Here is one way to turn on the insert effects switch.
1. Select the SONG
2. Press the MIXING button
3. Press F6 (Effects)
4. Press SF2 (INS SW)
5. Here you can select which PARTs should have the insert switch ON/OFF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2015 @ 02:21 PM
Cindy Jon
Total Posts:  16
Joined  10-14-2009

Thanks for the responses. The insert effects were off. Problems solved.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2015 @ 03:04 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
IvoryKat - 11 August 2015 02:21 PM

Thanks for the responses. The insert effects were off. Problems solved.

Per the second part of your original post :  If Parameter with VOICE is properly applied, arpeggio settings WILL be imported to the SONG /PATTERN.

Did you review the 2nd thread that jazz.preest linked to?  That thread addresses this issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2015 @ 06:35 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Back to Insert Effects. There are only three possible/available in MOX and they are assigned to the track, not the “voice”, so it’s easy to find your voice suddenly lose it’s “mojo” if you move tracks, copy tracks, re-order tracks, and then chase your tail for a while. Some Insert Effects are more instantly recognizable (like the Rotary) if they suddenly go away. I’ve found that while some voices are all about that Insert Effect, some actually sit into the mix better when you remove the Insert.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2015 @ 06:56 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 13 August 2015 06:35 PM

[...] I’ve found that while some voices are all about that Insert Effect, some actually sit into the mix better when you remove the Insert.

Yes. I made a related point in http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/474005/ when discussing stereo image:
It’s usually helpful not to use a lot of Insert Effects on individual instruments, especially if they involve differing reverb times and the like. Using System Effects to a greater degree tends to make the mix more cohesive.

Your brain tries to create an image of a sound stage, and conflicting effects are confusing and “muddy” the result.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2015 @ 04:18 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Here is a related question(s):

When saving some user voices (from Easy sounds Dance Pro) into Song mode, the delay effect is lost (even with the insert effect on and parameter with voice on). The delay on these voices is not an insert effect but shows up in the chorus section in the Melas voice editor.

Does parameter with voice cover reverb and chorus on a user voice in song mode?

Do the reverb and chorus settings in Voice mode get overridden by the reverb/chorus settings in Mix mode?

When selecting parameter with voice do you need to save and navigate away and back for it to reset ? (I think I remember reading this somewhere on the forum)

Thanks!
Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2015 @ 04:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
benj00 - 01 September 2015 04:18 PM

[...]Does parameter with voice cover reverb and chorus on a user voice in song mode?

No. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_parameter_with_voice

benj00 -

Do the reverb and chorus settings in Voice mode get overridden by the reverb/chorus settings in Mix mode?

Reverb and Chorus are System Effects, and aren’t conveyed from a Voice to a Mixing. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/insertion_effects_differ_from_the_system_effects

benj00 -

When selecting parameter with voice do you need to save and navigate away and back for it to reset ? (I think I remember reading this somewhere on the forum)

If you haven’t turned Parameter with Voice on first, then just select another Voice for the Part and then return to the one you want.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2015 @ 05:51 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Cool, that’s what I thought.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Scratching noise when recording Midi to Audio in Reaper
Next Topic:

Bass Slide in MOX6? ››