mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Scratching noise when recording Midi to Audio in Reaper"

Posted on: August 03, 2015 @ 02:12 PM
Jessej97
Total Posts:  8
Joined  05-29-2014

I’ve recorded for a long time on Reaper, using the Mox as the USB-interface. But recently when I’ve recorded from a Midi-track to an Audio-track using the MOX’s hardware sounds, I’ve started getting a scratching/ripping noise that takes over the the whole audio in the DAW slowly, for a few playbacks, or maybe 2 minute, until it disappears all of sudden. I have no idea what is causing this. I tried changing the MOX’s hardwae utility settingd, but it didn’t help. However, tweaking almost ANYTHING in the audio-section of Reaper’s preferences makes the scratching noise disappear, but just temporarily until it becomes back again. This is becoming really frustrating and prevents me from using the internal voices in the MOX, so I’ve had to rely exclusively on my VSTis, Kontakt and other samplers. There must be some kind of connection problem between Reaper and MOX.

Also, other problem I’ve always had, but have been able to “sort of fix” with EQ and compressor-plugins, is that the volume of the audio-track I record is always many dBs lower than the volume I hear the audio playing, even though I have set the USB-dB Gain in the MOX utility settings +6.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Save PART MUTE in performance mode
Next Topic:

Mixing Mode questions ››