mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Q re using iPad and xf for live midi file play"

Posted on: August 02, 2015 @ 03:28 PM
miden
Total Posts:  618
Joined  09-22-2005

I want to play live midi backing tracks using my moxf and iPad and I wanted to ask if anyone can suggest an app to do this. Preferably one with a set list function. I am posting here as I am told the moxf is very similar in operation to the xf minus a few things and this forum gets more “eyes” than the moxf forum...this is fairly generic I would have thought:)
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2015 @ 07:56 AM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
miden - 02 August 2015 03:28 PM

I want to play live midi backing tracks using my moxf and iPad and I wanted to ask if anyone can suggest an app to do this. Preferably one with a set list function. I am posting here as I am told the moxf is very similar in operation to the xf minus a few things and this forum gets more “eyes” than the moxf forum...this is fairly generic I would have thought:)
Thanks

Hi Miden.  I was thinking about how to set up to use midi/audio backing tracks using my iPad and MOX a while ago, and came to the conclusion the easiest way is to mixdown my finished midi songs to audio, use the Set List Maker ipad app to organize the audio songs & related MOX midi insructions (Program Changes, SysEx) and, in the case of the MOX, use the iConnectAUDIO4+ as the midi/audio interface.

In your case, as you’ve the MOXF (with 1.10 Firmware that support class compliant USB audio/midi) , you can connect directly via your USB & a Camera Connect Kit to the ipad.

Why do you want to use midi backing tracks?

If you find a midi player solution you like, please post back on this thread; I, at least, am interested.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2015 @ 01:35 PM
joden1
Total Posts:  52
Joined  07-26-2015

I have tried the audio (mp3) route before, but it is just so much hassle if you want to change a song, or perhaps make a dynamic change on the night so to speak. Midi is just so much easier to use. If I find something that works I will let you know for sure. At the moment I use an app called Unrealbook that loads my charts and auto plays the mp3 file, but as I said the audio method, to me anyway, is just too restrictive.

[ Ignore ]