mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Live set up - follow up questions"

Posted on: June 25, 2015 @ 02:46 PM
Cindy Jon
Total Posts:  16
Joined  10-14-2009

I’m using a combo of splits, layers and individual instrument sounds for a live gig. I have some questions:

1. I have my Splits and Layers saved in Performance Mode and 10 Voices saved as one Song. Is this the most efficient method?  For example, the first “Tune” on the set list calls for a Cello/Lush Strings split. The second Tune calls for Harp, Trumpet and French Horn Voices, played individually. Would it be better to save Tune 1’s Performance setting as Song #1, and Tune 2’s Voices as Song 2, etc.? Do I just copy the current Performance into the Song? 

2. When I’m in the Song Mixing Mode and I choose a Voice and save it, the Voice doesn’t sound the same. For example, when I sample the Cello Solo Voice, it sounds great—clean & sharp. When I’m in Song/Mixing Mode, I go out and choose Cello Solo, it sounds really watery/wet with lots of reverb, no definition at all. What am I missing?

3. In Mixing Mode, what’s the difference between a Template and a Song when it comes to live performances?

Many thanks! I appreciate the input. This Forum has been a life-saver for me!

[ Ignore ]