mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Rack XS no sound"

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 04:58 PM
jakob324
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-17-2015

Hi,
i have a motif rack xs,
it is recieving midi information because i can see the light blinking
but there is no sound out of the main outputs or headphone outputs,
any idea what this could be?
Regards
Jakob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 07:31 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
jakob324 - 23 June 2015 04:58 PM

Hi,
i have a motif rack xs,
it is recieving midi information because i can see the light blinking
but there is no sound out of the main outputs or headphone outputs,
any idea what this could be?
Regards
Jakob

Hi Jakob,
How are you sending information to the Rack?  5pin midi, Usb, or optional mLan?
If the unit is new to you, you can verify it’s playback ability by playing the demo songs. Press edit and utility at the same time, release, select a song, press enter to play. Press exit to leave.
Knowing how you’re controlling the unit and what’s connected to it would help resolve your issue.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 08:28 PM
jakob324
Joined  01-17-2015

Hi Stone,
i tried playing the demo songs but still no sound out of main output or headphone jack,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 09:28 PM
jakob324
Joined  01-17-2015

to answer your first question im controlling the unit with 5 pin midi

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 09:57 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011

In Utility mode under General make sure mlan monitor is set to standalone. If there is a computer involved, unhook it. Try to demo the songs if mlan was not set to standalone. Have you ever heard the unit produce sound?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2015 @ 03:55 AM
jakob324
Joined  01-17-2015

Thanks for the advice,
the unit started working intermittendly, but then all of a sudden no sound once again out of main outputs and headphone jack,
i actually think it might be a faulty unit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2015 @ 02:39 PM
morty
Total Posts:  154
Joined  02-14-2007

Im having a similar problem only happen twice have my Kurzweil PC3 midied into a midi thru box one to the the Motif XS Rack and the other to a Roland VK8M.Its been set up like this for months and just out of the blue the Motif wont sound.I thought it was cables so i checked the Yamaha and its receiving the midi signal,when i do the demos,or audition the sounds it works but when i play the Kurz to Motif nothing.Brought it home midied in the Krome to it Viola
it worked?????????????????

anyone?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2015 @ 11:30 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
morty - 12 October 2015 02:39 PM

Im having a similar problem only happen twice have my Kurzweil PC3 midied into a midi thru box one to the the Motif XS Rack and the other to a Roland VK8M.Its been set up like this for months and just out of the blue the Motif wont sound.I thought it was cables so i checked the Yamaha and its receiving the midi signal,when i do the demos,or audition the sounds it works but when i play the Kurz to Motif nothing.Brought it home midied in the Krome to it Viola
it worked?????????????????

anyone?

I’d verify that your transmit and receive channels are set as desired.  Comparing the transmit settings of the PC3 to the Krome may shorten your search. The Rack XS will show midi activity but needs the correct channel set to forward the information to the tone generator.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2015 @ 02:15 PM
morty
Total Posts:  154
Joined  02-14-2007

Yes midi are both set right.... this set up Ive had for months with no problems and just out of the blue the Motif does not sound except for the demos and sound auditions this is the 2nd time in 2 1/2 years Ive had it do this.Im wondering if its an intermitent
fault.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MPK and Yamaha XS Rack mapping
Next Topic:

Data-Transfer Problems with Motif Rack XS Editor ››