mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "lost volume control in master mode only. what did i do?"

Posted on: June 08, 2015 @ 09:30 PM
fbarbin
Total Posts:  95
Joined  12-05-2009

sliders won’t work anymore. i’m not sure what i did but they were working before.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2015 @ 10:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The sliders are likely still working, but are probably not doing what you want/expect them to.

What the sliders do in Master mode is dependent on what the Master is based on (Voice, Performance, Pattern/Song), if the Zone switch is “on”, etc.

See this support article…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/master_mode_motif_xf
...and in particular the part beginning on page 9 of the PDF, KNOBS and SLIDERS.

If that doesn’t help, then please specify which mode the Master is based on, and what you want the sliders to control. Is it Element Volume in a Voice, Part Volume in a Performance (or Pattern/Song)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2015 @ 08:10 PM
fbarbin
Joined  12-05-2009
5pinDIN - 08 June 2015 10:01 PM
The sliders are likely still working, but are probably not doing what you want/expect them to.

What the sliders do in Master mode is dependent on what the Master is based on (Voice, Performance, Pattern/Song), if the Zone switch is “on”, etc.

See this support article…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/master_mode_motif_xf
...and in particular the part beginning on page 9 of the PDF, KNOBS and SLIDERS.

If that doesn’t help, then please specify which mode the Master is based on, and what you want the sliders to control. Is it Element Volume in a Voice, Part Volume in a Performance (or Pattern/Song)?[/quot

Master based on a song or pattern and I want the sliders to do part volume
I had that going but now it’s not working. Something got changed

Fabian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2015 @ 09:47 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
fbarbin - 09 June 2015 08:10 PM

Master based on a song or pattern and I want the sliders to do part volume
I had that going but now it’s not working. Something got changed

Fabian

On how many Master Songs/Patterns are the sliders not controlling Part volume?
All that you tried, or just some?

At the top line of Masters that don’t work the way you want, is “Zone Switch” indicated as “on” or “off”?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2015 @ 11:27 AM
fbarbin
Joined  12-05-2009

The zone switch was off and it didn’t work , then i changed to On and it still didn’t work

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2015 @ 01:52 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
fbarbin - 10 June 2015 11:27 AM

The zone switch was off and it didn’t work , then i changed to On and it still didn’t work

I’d like to help, but this could be a long thread at the current rate…

If you have an “All” file that was saved before the problem occurred, you could do a factory reset and then reload that file.
--- or ---
If you’re willing to post a current “All” file, FL1 and FL2 “without sample”, it could likely be looked at and the issue resolved. (Any such attachment should be zipped first.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2015 @ 10:07 PM
fbarbin
Joined  12-05-2009

5 pin thanks , I’m out of town but as soon as I get back home I’d like to resolve this issue. Unfortunately I was unable to find my jump drive with an “All File”. I’ll look again that should fix the issue but if not we can move forward. Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2015 @ 09:55 PM
fbarbin
Joined  12-05-2009

Well i did find my jump drive and loaded my all file so i’m back in business. Did i find out why i lost
the vol control with the sliders “No”.

I will update my All File on a regular basis and keep it with me at all times just incase something like this happens again.

I am midi ing my XF 7 with a Roland A-70 I wouldn’t think that caused the problem but its the only thing i’ve done different. i’m currently using it with my A-70 in song mode so i can access 16 sounds from any of the 2 keyboards.

I really like that i can layer any of those sounds with the roland on the fly from the 16 available.

Thanks for the help motifator

fbarbin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2015 @ 02:06 PM
fbarbin
Joined  12-05-2009

When i plan on using 3 masters for a wedding I’m playing today.

when I use the performance Control button in order to layer different voices within the master(song)

I can’t move to another Master (song) very quickly without
hitting the Voice or Performance buttons then going back to the next Master that i want.

too many button presses is there a way or once you select Performance control your stuck.

help running out of time today.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2015 @ 02:24 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Unless I’m somehow not understanding what you’re referring to…

Press [PROGRAM], then choose your next Master.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2015 @ 02:55 PM
fbarbin
Joined  12-05-2009

Thats it.  I never knew thats what that button was for.
What else does that Program button do lol.

Thanks awesome.
fbarbin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2015 @ 03:07 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
fbarbin - 27 June 2015 02:55 PM

Thats it.  I never knew thats what that button was for.
What else does that Program button do lol.

When the [PROGRAM] button is on/lit, that’s when a Voice, Performance, Song, Pattern, or Master can be selected. You’ll notice it’s normally lit - it goes off when you press [PERFORMANCE CONTROL], for example.

fbarbin -

Thanks awesome.
fbarbin

You’re welcome.

By the way, here’s another approach, when you have the time…
If you have a foot switch, you can plug it into the ASSIGNABLE FOOT SWITCH jack and advance from one Master to the next just by depressing the switch.

See Controller Settings on page 230 of the XF Reference Manual. Set Foot Switch Control No. to 98 Program Change Inc, which will increment the Master (or any other Program) by one each time the switch is depressed. Press [STORE] to keep that Utility mode setting.

If you set up your three Masters so that they’re consecutive, just depress the switch and the XF will advance to the next Master, even if [PERFORMANCE CONTROL] is selected.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2015 @ 06:04 PM
fbarbin
Joined  12-05-2009

Wow even if the control button is on. That’s great

Thanks again
Fbarbin

[ Ignore ]