mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern Mode - sustaining notes across sections in a Chain"

Posted on: May 25, 2015 @ 04:19 PM
jeauxbleaux
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05-25-2015

Hi to All,

I have had a Motif XS 7 (which I dearly love) for about a year.  I’m having a problem in Pattern Mode.

I have constructed the Journey song “Who’s Crying Now?” in Pattern Mode - bass, piano, strings, drums, guitar - the works.  This song is filled with anticipated notes which carry over into the next measure.  This is a challenge when the note(s) extend from the end of one section into the beginning of the next section.  However, I edited the phrases by adding a sustain event (Control Change 64) just before the note and a properly timed sustain off in the next section.  Works like a charm—until I try to automate the section changes in a Chain.  When the section changes automatically, the note immediately disappears.  If I play it back without the Chain and make the sections change manually, it works perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a known issue with Pattern mode? 

Is there a way for me to play the entire construct back automatically without this problem?  Should I use Song mode (which I am not yet familiar with) instead?

All help appreciated.

Joe Griffith

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2015 @ 07:08 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

You could continue to work in Pattern mode, Chain the sections, convert to Song (see [SF3]Song on page 215 of the XS Owner’s Manual), and then use sustain events as needed. What you already know about MIDI event editing in Pattern mode can be applied in Song mode.

See Bad_Mister’s post in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470598/

[ Ignore ]