mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "multi/mixing - parts borrowing ifx from other parts possible?"

Posted on: May 17, 2015 @ 05:06 AM
my03
Total Posts:  38
Joined  12-01-2014

If using the moxf in song/mixing mode (multitimbral operation), is it possible to let for example a patch on channel 2 use the insert fx that is originating from the patch on channel 1 (i.e can other patches in this setup borrow the ifx / sends somehow)?
For example: i’m using an arp-sound on slot 1 which has a tempo delay as insert. On slot 2 i have a piano sound (which normally has reverb on it). Can i assign the tempo delay effect on the piano?

What i’m after more specifically is a little bit of how Roland gear normally works (my previous Fantom or current XV5080 for example): on those you can assign your parts as normal and they have other parts “using” the inserts from up to three parts in this “performance”. Say that you use distorted guitar on ch #1, sawtooth synth with tempo delay on #2 and organ with gigantic reverb on #3, now you can add slap bass on #4 and use the “send” from #2 on your #4 patch, have drums on #5 using the reverb from #3, etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2015 @ 02:05 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The MOXF allows up to eight Parts to have dual Insert Effects applied. See the MOXF Reference Manual, [F6] EFFECT on pages 122 and 35.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2015 @ 07:00 AM
my03
Joined  12-01-2014

I appreciate that reference, but that won’t quite help (i think) if the actual patch uses the global fx for its particulars (assigning inserts to parts to “on” only lifts over the two inserts if i’m not mistaken).

Question remains: can two patches “share” on of the patches (both) ifx in mixing-mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2015 @ 10:05 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s not clear (to me) how you’re using the word “share”. More than one Part can have the same Insert Effect type assigned.

Insert Effects can be set up for individual Parts as indicated on the Manual pages I previously mentioned. See [F6] EFFECT on pages 116 and 63-64 for Parameters that apply to all the Parts. See [SF2] INS SW on page 64 to select which of the Parts the Insert Effects will be active.

System Effects can be applied to all of the Parts. See [F3] EF SEND on page 115 to adjust levels for individual Parts.

Perhaps this will help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2015 @ 03:20 PM
my03
Joined  12-01-2014

Hi Purcell,

I have examined every menu and read the ref. manual and can honestly say that what i’m after is not possible in the Yamaha world. But what IS possible (i.e dialing in the two inserts per part) is not that bad either in all honesty. All manufacturers seems to implement their routing differently and i’ll surely accept that.

thanks all for taking the time to answer :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Confusion with Volume In Master Mode
Next Topic:

Rearranging performance locations ››