mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif XS7 freezes while sampling"

Posted on: May 05, 2015 @ 03:56 PM
zikerstu
Total Posts:  326
Joined  08-06-2008

Everytime I try to sample something and press the stop button it freezes on me. The screen still displays that it is still recording. I only have 697megs used so I should have plenty of space left but for 15 seconds it seems to freeze up. I purchased new sample memory dimms and installed them but the same issue continues. Any ideas? Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2015 @ 04:23 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s difficult to provide assistance without additional information. What are you sampling, from what mode - specifically which buttons are you pressing, etc. If you’re following a published procedure, which one?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2015 @ 04:37 PM
zikerstu
Joined  08-06-2008

I am sampling from an external source,A/D input, 44.1khz, stereo. Record mode is set to manual so when i hit start its recording immediately until i press stop.(f5 i think) once i hit stop it simply freezes and the display still shows it as still recording even though it is not. Im using standard sampling procedure, two 1/4” cables from an audio device into tha A/D input jacks with the audio input set to “Line”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2015 @ 05:46 PM
zikerstu
Joined  08-06-2008

I initialized the xs, and with a clean slate the sampling worked fine. I was able to the load the file with my soundsets that wouldnt work in sampling mode and load the wave from the new file into the particular voice that I wanted the sample for. An extra step but it worked.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS connecting to Mobile Sheets Pro
Next Topic:

XS input to effects - possible? ››