mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading CP1 piano"

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 11:50 AM
Halion76
Total Posts:  63
Joined  03-13-2015

Hi, was hoping for a little bit of clarity.  I’ve read a fair bit about loading/saving files on the MOXF and I have got my head round the terminology etc., but I already have the “inspiration in a flash” loaded on my MOXF.

I now would like to add the CP1 pianos.  I know I’ll need to over-write some of the sounds that I already have loaded from INAF - it is possible to do this, isn’t it? Can someone give me a baby step guide to doing this as I’m afraid of making a bit of a balls up.  I have everything backed up but because the loading/saving takes so long I’d prefer to do this seemlessly without any hassle..........

Thanks for any help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 01:05 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There are a few different ways to go about this. I believe you have a 1 GB flash module, so even with IiaF installed there should still be plenty of room for the CP1 samples.

I would suggest first reading this:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469679/P0
(You could/should ignore the second page of that thread.)
Try to determine if you’ll want to load the alternate set of samples.

Let us know if you indeed have enough room free on the flash module, and if you want all of the CP1 samples. That information will help in guiding you to a loading procedure that comes close to being seamless and with minimum hassle.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 01:57 PM
Halion76
Joined  03-13-2015

Hi mate, yeah I have the 1gb flash.  I only have the “inspiration..” loaded so there should be room for the CP samples.  Ideally, I’d like all of them and then I’ll be good to go.

I’ll have a read through that thread now and check it out.  I’ll report back!! Thanks for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 03:22 PM
Halion76
Joined  03-13-2015

Hi 5pinDIN, I’ve had a read through that thread, thanks.

I have checked and I have - Free 522.9MB/1022.5MB

I also have had an audition of some more of the “inspiration...” soundbanks and I’d like to put the 16 CP sounds in User3 - Bank F - 1 to 16.

Thanks for your help.  I’ll hold off doing anything dramatic until I hear back from you.  Cheers!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 04:36 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stein67 - 03 May 2015 03:22 PM

Hi 5pinDIN, I’ve had a read through that thread, thanks.

I have checked and I have - Free 522.9MB/1022.5MB

I also have had an audition of some more of the “inspiration...” soundbanks and I’d like to put the 16 CP sounds in User3 - Bank F - 1 to 16.

Thanks for your help.  I’ll hold off doing anything dramatic until I hear back from you.  Cheers!!

OK. You can load the 16 CP1 Voices one at a time to those locations, using file setting “Voice”, as per page 156 of the MOXF Reference Manual. The related samples will load with the Voices. Since the first Voice likely uses all of the samples, it will take a while to load because it has to install them to the flash module. (The remaining 15 Voices will likely go a lot faster.) I’d suggest verifying that the first Voice works correctly before loading the others.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/473351/

It might be easier to do the above with software from John Melas.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2015 @ 10:35 AM
Halion76
Joined  03-13-2015

Hi, got it loaded up perfectly in my desired locations.  Worked perfectly so now the new pianos are residing in User 3 - F - 1 to 16.  Thanks so much for your help.

Is there a way to get them included in the “category search” - “acoustic piano”?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2015 @ 12:44 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stein67 - 07 May 2015 10:35 AM

Hi, got it loaded up perfectly in my desired locations.  Worked perfectly so now the new pianos are residing in User 3 - F - 1 to 16.  Thanks so much for your help.

You’re welcome.

stein67 -

Is there a way to get them included in the “category search” - “acoustic piano”?

You can set a Main and Sub Category for each Voice, under Voice Common Edit. See [F1]GENERAL, [SF1]NAME on page 30 of the MOXF Reference Manual, and the Voice Category List on page 53.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2015 @ 03:38 PM
Halion76
Joined  03-13-2015

Cheers mate, much appreciated. That’s me sorted now and know what to do with all of the above for future reference.

[ Ignore ]