mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "moxf8 ipad air question"

Posted on: April 30, 2015 @ 10:19 AM
wuls007
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-27-2015

Hey all, i want to buy the ipad air, but can i use the ipad air with moxf or do i need a lower version ipad? I ask this because ppl have trouble connecting it to the ipad air.

Thx!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2015 @ 10:48 AM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

I don’t have first-hand experience with the iPad air, but am curious to know why some people are having issues.  I use an iPad 4.  Some things to keep in mind.  You must be on the latest MOXF OS (1.10).  You also need to use the Camera Connection Kit (CCK).  You can’t connect ‘To Device’ using the iPad USB charging cable.  You need the CCK into the ‘To Host’ port.

Hopefully someone who has actually used an iPad air can give a definitive answer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2015 @ 11:20 AM
DHTech
Total Posts:  62
Joined  11-20-2014

Here in the UK the camera connection kit isn’t available for the lighting connector versions of the iPad, you have to buy the lighting to USB adapter on it’s own, which not surprisingly it’s the same price as the old Camera Connection kit where you get two adapter for the price, way to go Apple!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2015 @ 12:01 PM
wuls007
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-27-2015

K well prob i go for the ipad4 cause that 1 will work for sure :) thx for the replies!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2015 @ 07:34 AM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
wuls007 - 30 April 2015 10:19 AM

Hey all, i want to buy the ipad air, but can i use the ipad air with moxf or do i need a lower version ipad? I ask this because ppl have trouble connecting it to the ipad air.

Thx!

A Yamaha MOX owner reported that, when upgrading to the iPad Air (with Lightning connector), he was able to connect his keyboards to the iPad Air by purchasing the Lightning-to-30 pin adaptor of the Camera Connect Kit.

See:
Camera Connection Kit
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit

lightning to 30-pin adapter
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

Here’s the link to the referenced Music Player Network forum thread; you might want to PM keybdwizrd (contributor to the thread) to validate that this works with his Yamaha MOX6.

I am assuming, of course, that if it works with the MOX, it will work with the MOXF.

Cheers.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MoXF Editor on Mac
Next Topic:

MOXF8 pre purchase questions ››