mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Rack XS Arp Sync"

Posted on: April 30, 2015 @ 07:41 AM
orkanoid
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-30-2015

hello folks. i setup my motif rack xs so that it snycs to external midi clock. i sometimes send midi clock to it from my drum machine, sometimes from my DAW (ableton live) and the tempo adjusts to whatever the master tempo is. no problems there.

the arp tempo also follows external midi clock, which is fine, however i have to be very accurate with my timing when i play notes. when the drum machine or DAW is running, i want the arp to sync regardless of my timing with the notes. is it possible?

my access virus c does that, while it receives external clock it will sync the arp even if i miss the start of a beat or a bar with my playing. but the motif starts the arp just as i hit the notes, so if i’m not in time with the click the arp is all over the place. i tried different settings with quantize settings and sync qntz val in multi settings with no success. any idea how i can do this correctly, or am i wasting my time?

again, the tempo sync is no issue, it nicely follows external midi clock. but the arp does not follow song position, it starts from the beginning as soon as i hit the notes so if i am not perfect with my timing the arp won’t sync. would appreciate some help if there is something that can be done.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need Help dialing up a Multi on the Motif XS Rack
Next Topic:

Transpose via External CC ››