mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help! “Now installing to the flash expansion memory module” isn’t finishing."

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 01:01 AM
Melodialworks
Total Posts:  157
Joined  06-13-2009

Burning a file that should take about 6 min. It has now been 50 minutes . . .

Do I just turn the power off? (And then reformat the flash drive?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 01:25 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Melodialworks - 27 April 2015 01:01 AM

Burning a file that should take about 6 min. It has now been 50 minutes . . .

Do I just turn the power off? (And then reformat the flash drive?

Does it ever tell you there is a problem with the LOAD, or are you concluding that simply based upon the time that has passed?

Just so you know...and this is without any knowledge as to what you are trying to LOAD or how large it is...LOADING to a Flash Board can take some time.  More than you might assume, for sure.  The good thing is, you really only need to do it one time, if you choose your sample data carefully.

Try just letting it go until it either eventually LOADS, or alternatively gives you an error message.

Also, if you give some additional particulars on what you are LOADING, someone may have some time-required insight, or may identify some other issue that is creating a problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 01:33 AM
Melodialworks
Joined  06-13-2009

I’m attempting to load the Chill Xperience, and it is in the provided notes that indicates “installing the samples to the Flash Memory will take about 6 - 7 minutes”.

No error indication appears. It says “Now installing to the Flash Expansion Memory Module” and the spinning graphic is, well, spinning . . .

I have sent an email to Peter at Easy Sounds to inquire. Perhaps the manual is a typo, not 6 - 7 minutes, and I’m not waiting long enough.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 08:26 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Installing data to flash modules takes about 5 minutes per 128 MB. According to Easy Sounds, Chill Xperience has about 158 MB of samples - if it does, 6-7 minutes would be correct for that amount of data.

One possible cause of what you’re experiencing is that the file might be corrupted. I’d suggest reloading it to a different USB drive and trying again.

If that doesn’t help…
In rare circumstances, problems with the installation of the flash module itself can be the cause. Pages 76-77 of the XF Owner’s Manual cover flash module installation. Step 4-2 is particularly important in getting the module to make reliable contact.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 10:39 AM
Melodialworks
Joined  06-13-2009

Thanks so much for your advice, 5pinDIN.

I tried another USB key and that solved the issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 10:43 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Melodialworks - 27 April 2015 10:39 AM

Thanks so much for your advice, 5pinDIN.

I tried another USB key and that solved the issue.

You’re welcome, glad it’s resolved.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Yamaha Synthesiser Anytime Soon?
Next Topic:

XF6 slow program change ››