mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "can i create user micro tuning ?"

Posted on: April 14, 2015 @ 03:32 AM
mozizo
Total Posts:  59
Joined  01-18-2006

Hi.. just got MOXF8, can i create my own micro tuning ? i have motif es as well and in MOXF i see only factory presets micro tuning as in motif es.(dont have motif xf but i think there its possible but cant find it on MOXF)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2015 @ 07:27 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

No, user micro-tuning scales cannot be created on the MOXF - there are only the Presets. The XS and XF do have that capability.

I’m surprised that you got a MOXF8, since micro-tuning was an issue you raised about your ES several years ago:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/303223/

One possible workaround is to run a micro-tuning application on your computer. A Google search should turn some up.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2015 @ 02:49 PM
mozizo
Total Posts:  59
Joined  01-18-2006

the micro tuning is not that critical for me with the MOXF, but could be nice to have in some situations
i bought it used,mainly as a lightweight 88 piano for gigs and other keyboard sounds with lot other “benefit sounds” on it.

i tried to tune it with cubase microtuning midi plugin, but it doesn’t affects the MOXF.

is there a particular windows software or ipad app for it ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2015 @ 03:39 AM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003

If the suggestion of the micro-tuning software/app doesn’t suit your situation (such as gigging), can you use a Drum Voice for the instrument(s) you want and set up the tuning you’re after key by key?

Another workaround, possibly depending on the particular tuning you’re after, and needing a Flash board, might be to offset the pitch of samples in an editor and load them in to arrive at what you want.

All depending on a bunch of things in general as well as in your particular case.

[ Ignore ]