mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "trouble with pattern recording samples"

Posted on: April 11, 2015 @ 06:50 PM
jblguy
Total Posts:  11
Joined  03-26-2015

Hi,

I’m plugging my guitar in and setting the voice through utilities with amp sim and delay. but when i go to record a track the signal is unprocessed and dry. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2015 @ 07:26 PM
icarus800
Total Posts:  39
Joined  11-13-2011

Hello,
The only thing I can think of is that you may have not turned on the Insertion Effect switch for the A/D input. If this is the problem then you need to
Press Mixing
Press Edit
Press Common Edit
Press F6 Effect
Press SF2 Insertion Switch

Turn one of the Insertion Effect switches for the first eight parts off, then turn on the Insertion Effect for the A/D input. After adding effects and recording your sample, you can turn off the Insertion Effect for the A/D input and turn the Insertion Effect back on for one of the eight parts. If you already know how to do this, then I have no other suggestions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2015 @ 01:02 AM
jblguy
Joined  03-26-2015

I tried that and it didn’t seem to work, every time i click out of “voice” into pattern or song all the effects and amp sims are gone.
if i go back to voice they are there. I’m trying to do this right here on this video.

http://audio-production.wonderhowto.com/how-to/connect-and-set-up-instrument-motif-xs-input-201479/

I’ve followed it step by step but it just doesn’t work for me.

and when it does record the dry signal there’s a lot of loud white noise recording along with it.

could it be bad ram????

Help Please!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2015 @ 02:14 AM
jblguy
Joined  03-26-2015

installed new ram got rid of the white noise but still records guitar dry with no effects. please watch the video i have posted. and see if it works for you like it does on the video.

http://audio-production.wonderhowto.com/how-to/connect-and-set-up-instrument-motif-xs-input-201479/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2015 @ 07:29 PM
icarus800
Total Posts:  39
Joined  11-13-2011

I tried that and it didn’t seem to work, every time i click out of “voice” into pattern or song all the effects and amp sims are gone.
if i go back to voice they are there. I’m trying to do this right here on this video.

Interesting, I am familiar with that video, however, the author does not show how to turn on the Insertion Effect switch for the A/D input.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2015 @ 08:54 PM
jblguy
Joined  03-26-2015

Thanks so much to everyone! Got it working. Just not as straight forward as what I’m used to “record and play”

Thanks again!

Wonderful site!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS6 - some elements not playing...?
Next Topic:

motif XS headphone advice ››