mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF Chord triggering in PERFORMANCE mode"

Posted on: March 28, 2015 @ 01:20 AM
ibarracesar
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-27-2015

Hello.

I am looking forward to dive in into making multiple PERFORM patches for multiple sections of song in order to use them in MIXING mode.
I’m pretty sure this process will be quite straightforward with the reference manual at hand.

However, I’m unable to find a function that allows one to, inside a PART in PERFORM, have a single note trigger a specific set of notes. I’m sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread, it is just that i don’t know the name for this function, if it exist.

Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2015 @ 01:51 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Are you referring to triggering an arpeggio?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2015 @ 02:22 AM
ibarracesar
Joined  03-27-2015
cmayhle - 28 March 2015 01:51 AM

Are you referring to triggering an arpeggio?

Hi

Well, what I am trying to do is, with a single note, trigger a chord that I can manually set for a pad sound, not a sequence of different notes. Am I explaining myself ok?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2015 @ 02:46 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Are you by any chance coming from an arranger-type keyboard background?

I only ask because triggering a chord with a single note sounds like an arranger-keyboard trait.

While you might be able to work out a complex arpeggio setup on the MOXF to do this, if I understand you correctly this is not the normal way you would work in a music production workstation.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2015 @ 03:05 AM
ibarracesar
Joined  03-27-2015
cmayhle - 28 March 2015 02:46 AM

Are you by any chance coming from an arranger-type keyboard background?

I only ask because triggering a chord with a single note sounds like an arranger-keyboard trait.

While you might be able to work out a complex arpeggio setup on the MOXF to do this, if I understand you correctly this is not the normal way you would work in a music production workstation.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you.

No, actually I’m not familiar with arranger-type keyboards.

I don’t think you are misunderstanding me. I was thinking of using something like this since I saw you could do it with Mainstage 3 with a MIDI effect called Chord Trigger, or something like that. It is just that hauling around the computer isn’t that practical for me.

Thanks for the responses.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF With Logic Pro X Audio Click
Next Topic:

MOXF8 MIDI export/import ››