mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drum Sounds on same track to different mLan outs on the Motif XS"

Posted on: March 21, 2015 @ 05:02 PM
Super Hydro
Total Posts:  108
Joined  01-07-2005

I know the “Music Production with Motif” video is shown using the Motif XF and I have an XS, but it is shown it part 4 of the video at around the 5 minute mark that if you have a a drum track you can go to MIXING>VOICE EDIT and you can change the output select to one of the firewire options. for some reason on my Motif XS the output select is blank and I cannot enter a value. Is the XS architecture different to where I cannot take drum parts from the same track and split the voices on different mLan outs? please see attached pics for the shots of the same page on a XS and XF.

thanks,

Hydro

Image Attachments
Motif XS.pngMotif XF.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2015 @ 07:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

To enable making the setting you’re asking about, Output Select for the Drum Voice Part first has to be set to “drum”.

From Song or Pattern mode…
Press [MIXING] > [EDIT]
Press [1]~[16] (the Part for the Drum Voice)
Press [F1](Voice) > [SF2](Output)
Set Output Select to ”drum” (the last setting)

Once you do that, EXIT and go back to Vce Edit, and you’ll find that Output Select for the individual key can now be set.

Be sure to SAVE any settings you want to keep.

See Output Settings, (4)Output Select, on pages 152-153 of the XS Owner’s Manual for details. Although it’s about Performance mode, it’s the same in Song/Pattern.

Who says the Motif UI is convoluted or confusing?  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2015 @ 10:27 AM
Super Hydro
Total Posts:  108
Joined  01-07-2005

5pinDIN thank you very much!
Yes, sometimes the Motif is laid out in a way that its hard to just figure things out to where I think the options would be placed. But the Motif makes up for all of its crazy UI with great sounds and options once I learn my way around.

thanks again!

Hydro

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2015 @ 11:19 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Super Hydro - 22 March 2015 10:27 AM

5pinDIN thank you very much!

You’re welcome - I’m glad to help.

Super Hydro -

Yes, sometimes the Motif is laid out in a way that its hard to just figure things out to where I think the options would be placed. But the Motif makes up for all of its crazy UI with great sounds and options once I learn my way around.

Agreed - even though it can sometimes be a bit frustrating, it’s worth the effort.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ The XS editor and cubase 8
Next Topic:

Complete Orchestra 2.0 vs. 1 ››