mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why do PB events sound different after Track Copy"

Posted on: March 13, 2015 @ 01:30 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

In Song mode I built some guitar parts with PB commands onto Track 14. When I Copy or Exchange the Track to 8, the PB’s do not “sound” as I programmed them. They are bending way further sometimes when I’m playing it back. Like twice the value of the “bend” I programmed. It’ intermittent though, sometimes it sounds right, most times it’s simply not what I created.

I thought it might be the Voice patch, but I’m using the identical Voice I used to create the track. It’s a hassle getting guitar pitch bends to sound somewhat authentic is hard enough without have the values start changing arbitrarily in playback. 

Hope there’s some reason and solution. Are there PB characteristics that are individually set in each track? A calibration setting that is somehow “offsetting” PB values when those events are moved to another track?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2015 @ 06:41 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 13 March 2015 01:30 AM

[...]Are there PB characteristics that are individually set in each track? A calibration setting that is somehow “offsetting” PB values when those events are moved to another track?

The PB Range can be set per Mixing Part. When you Copy or Exchange Tracks, make sure that there’s an ”x” in the box for Mix Part Param (Mixing Part Parameters). See page 95 of the MOX Reference Manual.

Are you using Parameter with Voice when you initially select a Voice for a Part? If so, you could turn P.WithVce on for the Part and reselect the Voice for the copied/exchanged one. That should ensure that the Pitch Bend Range is the same as the original Voice. See page 114 of the Reference Manual.

You can also verify the Upper and Lower Pitch Bend range settings, and change them if necessary. See [SF6] OTHER on page 118 of the Reference Manual, which links to details on page 66. Compare the settings of the original and copy.

Although not necessarily related to your issue, you might check the status of the Receive Switch settings for the Parts in question. See page 119 of the Reference Manual.

By the way, depending on what you’re doing, you might find 06: Glide on page 89 useful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2015 @ 03:12 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

I will try those things. I’m sure the answer is in there somewhere.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2015 @ 01:59 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

To follow up. My problem seemed to be solved when I Inserted a PB event of 000 into the MIDI event before the section that was always going whack. I realized that playing the Song from the beginning, it always sounded wrong (the pitch bend), but if I stopped on the bad measure and re-racked a few measures, it sounded fine on playback. Which told me the PB was “stuck” in it’s very last PB event 8 bars earlier which was NOT at 000. So I basically had to reset PB so the upcoming PB would start from 000. Lesson learned, and hopefully a tip for others using MIDI tracks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2015 @ 07:40 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

A follow up. Would the Sequence Chase option in Utility have solved this problem, too? And speaking of Sequence Chase, what is the default for that setting and why?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording with USB
Next Topic:

Recording audio from MOX6 ››