mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase 8 VS Cubase AI that comes with MOXF"

Posted on: February 25, 2015 @ 03:23 PM
Tenorjazz
Total Posts:  13
Joined  11-18-2008

While I’m waiting to figure out how to get the MOXF editor just wondering if anybody has used both Cubase 8 and Cubase AI and knows how they differ and if there is an advantage of one over the other. I have both but didn’t want to install AI unless there was some real purpose to.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2015 @ 11:48 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

Cubase AI is the light version of Cubase Pro 8.  There is no reason to install Cubase AI if you already have the full Cubase Pro 8.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2015 @ 09:29 AM
dcullina
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-22-2013

Well, there may be a temporary reason. The Motif/MOX VST doesn’t currently work with Cubase 8.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2015 @ 05:12 PM
Tenorjazz
Joined  11-18-2008

I read that somewhere, but I just downloaded and installed it and it seems to be working OK.  At least I brought up the Librarian and was able to move through different patches.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2015 @ 05:17 PM
Tenorjazz
Joined  11-18-2008

Even though AI is a subset of 8 I’m thinking I will load AI onto my laptop, since it doesn’t require a Dongle, that way when I play out or travel I don’t have to worry about leaving the Dongle behind.

Also… I don’t know how much smaller AI is or if it needs “less horsepower”, but since my laptop has less space and power I think I’ll load it there.

[ Ignore ]