mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Distorted output"

Posted on: February 21, 2015 @ 08:11 PM
phm8602
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-18-2004

I have a Motif Classic 6 that distorts horribly at low levels when using the main outputs.  I have tried setting the master output at +0 and +6 db so that does not appear to be the issue.  However, if I put a stereo plug into the headphone jack and split it into two channels on my board, it sounds great.  Does anybody know why it would distort using the mains, but not when using the headphone jack?  Is this likely to be an expensive fix?

Many thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2015 @ 07:17 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Leaky output muting transistors can cause various problems, one of which is distortion. I’ve posted about this several times, so I won’t repeat the checking procedure, etc.

Search Google for this:
leaky muting transistors site:www.motifator.com

If leaky transistors are verified, the cost of repair depends on who is doing it and what they charge for labor and parts. The 2SC2878 transistors can be replaced, or the entire JK board could be. The transistors are a special type, and should only be replaced with the same type, but they’re not very expensive.

The entire JK board:
V627220R CIRCUIT BOARD JK MOTIF6 $196.21 (USD)
Shipping charges are additional.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2015 @ 10:00 PM
phm8602
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-18-2004

Thank you, 5pinDIN!

[ Ignore ]