mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Music Production DVD"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: January 27, 2015 @ 09:07 PM
joesax
Total Posts:  185
Joined  03-11-2009

Has anyone received the DVD?
Any update on delivery?
Have not received mine yet

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 06:03 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
joesax - 27 January 2015 09:07 PM

Has anyone received the DVD?
Any update on delivery?
Have not received mine yet

Well, I recently got the link to the digital version.  I did
order the actual DVDs and I have not received them yet.

But the material is excellent and ultimately worth the wait.

I ordered mine about a week before Christmas!

I also ordered and did receive the Alan Parson’s Art & Science of Sound, This also is excellent stuff and well done, and worth the wait if you are still waiting on it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 06:08 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

This is pretty good stuff.

I’m combining with the Sound ADvice Dvd set and both together I am using to get a better understanding of my MOX 8.  Both sets of material get a 5 out 5 stars IMO.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 08:25 PM
Jim Shoe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  06-18-2014

I ordered the DVD as well and received an email today that they should be shipped out late next week.

I also received the individual links to download the DVD but cannot figure out how to download them.

Right Mouse button clicking the file does not work, clicking on them obviously does not work.

I use Microsoft Outlook 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 08:25 AM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

download links worked fine for me.
I got an an email with links.
the mail said:
“Please Right Click on each link and choose Save As”

and:
“if you are using Outlook, you will need to open the file in a new browser, and then right click on the video to get the Save As option”.

I had no problems at all.
maybe try contacting support or MrMotif?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 08:21 PM
Jim Shoe
Joined  06-18-2014

Thanks for the reply!

I did see the instructions when I received the email, but I was trying to download the files using Windows Internet Explorer, that didn’t work.

I now tried using Google Chrome and was able to download the files.

The only problem I have experienced is that watching the first file (the only one have had time for so far) it didn’t finish near the end when the fader sliders were started to be discussed due to an error in the file.  I tried downloading the file again and the same error occurred.

I haven’t watched the other 3 files yet so I do not know at this time if there are any errors with them.

Has anyone been able to get all the way through file 1 with no errors?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 08:48 PM
chasmanian
Joined  01-27-2014

you’re welcome.
yeah, I only used Chrome.
I will have to check about the problem with the end of the first file.
if you tell me precisely where the problem is, I will be able to check it quicker.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 08:55 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Downloaded mine yesterday from Keyfax.  I use Mozilla Firefox.  No proble, at all.  4 ‘MP4 files. 

The first section was a different take on file management.... I have Fully Loaded, but Phil presented the info in a different way which I found helpful. If I go a few months without loading new libraries, having these refreshers are invaluable.

Looking forward to the rest of the “DVD “, especially if there is info on Scenes.  It’s a function I don’t use because I don’t understand.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 09:54 PM
Jim Shoe
Joined  06-18-2014

The first file errors out for me at around 51:03.

Let me know if you can get past that point.

I too am looking forward to the DVD so you can watch whatever chapter you want as needed.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 10:11 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Jim Shoe - 29 January 2015 09:54 PM

...I too am looking forward to the DVD so you can watch whatever chapter you want as needed....

I’m not sure what functionality you hope to find on the DVD vs the download.

My understanding is that they are exactly the same content, except that one is delivered physically, and the other comes via the internet.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2015 @ 12:42 AM
Jim Shoe
Joined  06-18-2014

From what I’ve read, the biggest advantage will be that each “scene” or chapter sounds like they will be accessible from a main menu.  If I am wrong, please someone correct me.

Plus, it will be nice to have the DVD to watch on a portable DVD player, or anywhere I have a DVD player.

Lastly, I’m not sure if others had the problem, but as I noted above, the first file is corrupt for the last 10 minutes or so from the download I did.

Other than that, yes it’s my understanding that the content is essentially the same.  Just user preference for media type.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2015 @ 03:32 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Jim Shoe - 30 January 2015 12:42 AM

From what I’ve read, the biggest advantage will be that each “scene” or chapter sounds like they will be accessible from a main menu.  If I am wrong, please someone correct me....

I believe that is not correct.

If it is, I want that content on my download version!

Where did you see (if you remember) that the DVD has additional navigation functionality (scenes/chapters) over the download version?

MrMotif, could you clear this up?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2015 @ 04:08 AM
Jim Shoe
Joined  06-18-2014

One day I did get hold of someone at Keyfax.  If I heard them correctly, they did tell me that there is a chapter menu that is on the DVD where there isn’t on the download.  That is why the download links have the PDF file stating the times where the chapters are located.

If I am wrong, perhaps someone from Keyfax can make it more clear.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2015 @ 01:45 PM
chasmanian
Joined  01-27-2014
Jim Shoe - 29 January 2015 09:54 PM

The first file errors out for me at around 51:03.

Let me know if you can get past that point.

I too am looking forward to the DVD so you can watch whatever chapter you want as needed.

Thanks!

just checked it.
went to 49 or 50 minute, and started there.
it played through to the end of Part 1, no problem.
it played perfect.
this was on a fairly old laptop, with not impressive specs for nowadays.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2015 @ 04:38 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Glad to clarify, of course. The DVD is, well, a DVD, with a menu and DVD navigation. The download is identical material but is ‘simply’ an MP4 file so there is no navigation ‘system’ per se. It’s a mixed bag of plusses and minuses. The download has not been additionally compressed for DVD, obviously involves no shipping or delivery time other than download. Plus you can play it on any device that can play an MP4. ‘Navigation’ is really only via the timeline bar but we do provide all chapter point timigs so you can go to a particular section pretty swiftly I think.

The two main ‘advantages’ of the DVD are menu navigation (though to be honest, armed with the chapter times I think accessing a particular section would be almost identical in actual time!), and the fact that you can put a DVD in a DVD player… in the car, in the living room… There again, many people have their laptops connected to their home theater systems so even these differences are becoming somewhat moot.

So, to recap, the content is identical, and both versions have navigation information. They’re just different in style. In terms of video quality I think they’re actually very comparable, too, even though the DVD, on the face of it, uses additional DVD compression. Finally, there is a small price difference due to the hard cost of duplicating a dual-layer DVD and associated packaging.

At the end of the day, it’s the content that’s the most important thing and we hope everyone is having a good time learning new methodologies and new things they can do with their instruments.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2015 @ 04:57 PM
chasmanian
Joined  01-27-2014

thanks alot MM.
love the video.
it is excellent.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2