mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Production Video for the Motif"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: December 27, 2014 @ 02:07 AM
Jmaxin2000
Total Posts:  10
Joined  01-12-2014

I purchased the actual CD of the new production video for the motif,but because of issues they are having with the final product, I was given a preview link to download and preview.However that didn’t even work so now I am lost and was just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.Also, can anyone said for sure when the final product will be ready.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2014 @ 03:19 AM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

I purchased the actual CD of the new production video for the motif,but because of issues they are having with the final product, I was given a preview link to download and preview.However that didn’t even work so now I am lost and was just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.Also, can anyone said for sure when the final product will be ready.

I’ll answer your questions in reverse order. I don’t believe they said when the final product will be ready, but I would expect that would depend on how long it takes to resolve the technical issues. Until the holidays are over, I wouldn’t expect a lot of progress in getting those issues resolved.

I did not have a problem with the download link.  I don’t know what mail client or operating system you are using, but there are special considerations if you are using Windows and Outlook. For browser-based email clients, you can right-click the link and save the target file.  But that doesn’t work for Outlook.  However, you can select File > Save As and save the message as an HTML file (be sure to select HTML; the default is .msg). Then, open the saved HTML message file using your browser. Now you can right-click the link and save it as a video (.mp4v) file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2014 @ 09:01 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

excellent answer moxrox.

I ordered the cd as well.
The preview opened fine here on our macs.

Here’s the original thread from Mr. Motif where most if not all new updates will appear.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2014 @ 01:44 AM
Jmaxin2000
Joined  01-12-2014

Actually, I right clicked on the link and another window open up with MPWM Download1.mp4 and its a dark screen with the video can’t be played because the file is corrupt.So I wasn’t able to view what was on it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2014 @ 08:43 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011
Jmaxin2000 - 28 December 2014 01:44 AM

Actually, I right clicked on the link and another window open up with MPWM Download1.mp4 and its a dark screen with the video can’t be played because the file is corrupt.So I wasn’t able to view what was on it.

??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2014 @ 01:03 PM
moxrox
Joined  11-28-2011

If it helps, here are the checksums from the video file that I downloaded:

File: MPWM Download 1.mp4v
CRC-32: c10f3d44
MD4: 5bcb7c49bf16dbbb8be2bd372c252b4e
MD5: 7d81df8bb016c9b6b85644b443ce2779
SHA-1: 71f714a742f448e53b5d99544e6670e269444a88

You can use a checksum checker to compare the checksum for what you downloaded against one of the numbers above to check if your downloaded file is corrupted. If one of the checksum numbers match, the file is good. If the numbers don’t match, the file is corrupted.

On a Mac, you can follow the procedure here:

http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-quickly-check-a-files-checksum-in-os-x/

On a PC, you need to install a checksum checker program. Hashcheck works well, and you just right-click the file and select “Checksums” to calculate the checksums on a downloaded file.  Hashcheck is available at:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/HashCheck-Shell-Extension.shtml

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2014 @ 03:44 AM
Jmaxin2000
Joined  01-12-2014

I appreciate the support, and to let everyone know i finally got the link to work.I’m able to view whats to come with the New Production Video for the Motif XF 8.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2014 @ 01:34 AM
drraw
Total Posts:  54
Joined  04-09-2010

I followed the thread and saved the email (I use Outlook) to an HTML file.  I then opened the file.  Right clicking on the link does not have an available option of save as … only save the link as.  The error that I get is in the attached image.  Please let me know where we go from here. 

I’ve tried it every which way.  HTML file opened in IE and Firefox.  Same corrupted message appears.  Can you send me a different link?  This is the link that I have:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/KeyfaxDVDs/MPWM Download 1.mp4?AWSAccessKeyId=03ZTJ765RC9B6WKZWSG2&Expires=1420047494&Signature=IImdViMmcu3zVGJuHhvX/e4iWZk=

Image Attachments
KeyFax Download Issue.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2014 @ 03:49 AM
Jmaxin2000
Joined  01-12-2014

I was able to use Freemake Video Converter to finally get it to work.I spent the last two days viewing it in its entirety and is very excited about receiving the final version as that link was just a preview because I can watch it over and over again. I have the fully loaded DVD and now the New Production Video for the Motif on the way, it just expanded my horizon because am able to learn so much by watching someone show me in addition to having read the entire Reference Manual for the Motif.Thank you Motifator,Phil, Darryl,David and Byron, along with Yamaha for creating this video.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2014 @ 03:57 AM
Jmaxin2000
Joined  01-12-2014

Now, I wonder about incorporated Karma Software with the knowledge learned from the new production video.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 04:30 AM
Jim Shoe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  06-18-2014

Any word on the new production video for the Motif XF?  I purchased it with my credit card a long time ago and I haven’t seen any release dates.  Originally it was supposed to be out before Christmas.  Any updates on the DVD release date?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2015 @ 07:50 AM
Jmaxin2000
Joined  01-12-2014

I wondering about the same thing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2015 @ 10:33 PM
selfymart
Total Posts:  52
Joined  03-30-2014
Jmaxin2000 - 10 January 2015 07:50 AM

I wondering about the same thing.

Is it worth spending the money for this video ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2015 @ 11:24 PM
moxrox
Joined  11-28-2011

That depends on your skill level and what you hope to get out of it. It is intended for those who have some experience with playing the Motif in voice and performance mode, but want to expand into music production on the Motif in song and pattern mode, plus editing and mixing and integration with a DAW.  If that fits what you are looking for, I would definitely recommend it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2015 @ 04:39 PM
Jim Shoe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  06-18-2014

To Keyfax NewMedia,

I have been billed now for the Motif Production Video DVD and there still is no word on when it is being release.

The “pre-sale” price was $30 for the DVD and I was charged $10.15 for priority 2-day mailing.  That was December 2, 2014 and now this charge is on my current credit card statement.

I have tried calling Keyfax NewMedia and nobody answers.

We have seen a few posts here saying there are some production problems, but I don’t like being charged for something, pay $10.15 for 2-day shipping charges, can’t get hold of the company, and we still don’t hear much of a reply on this product and its release.

At the very least, I would like to talk to someone at Keyfax NewMedia to get an idea of its release, and I think at this point, I should not be charged $10.15 for 2-day shipping.

If anyone has any information on this or has been able to contact Keyfax NewMedia, I’d love to hear from you.

I do hope the DVD is worth the wait, expense and hassle!  :)

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2015 @ 04:59 PM
selfymart
Total Posts:  52
Joined  03-30-2014
moxrox - 11 January 2015 11:24 PM

That depends on your skill level and what you hope to get out of it. It is intended for those who have some experience with playing the Motif in voice and performance mode, but want to expand into music production on the Motif in song and pattern mode, plus editing and mixing and integration with a DAW.  If that fits what you are looking for, I would definitely recommend it.

thanks for the info. 
I just went there to download, it says out of stock.  should I download “Motif XF fully loaded” instead? 
tx

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2