mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Just bought a new Motif XF8 in white. Beautiful machine but…"

Posted on: December 21, 2014 @ 07:30 PM
Simone5150
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-21-2014

I have a question.

I downloaded midi files that I found on line onto my laptop. Can I load the midi files onto my Motif ? If so how ? Will I lose anything on my Motif ? Can I backup my Motif ? If so how ?

thanks
Rich

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2014 @ 07:44 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Yes, you can LOAD MIDI files.

From Bad_Mister in This Thread:

“...Place this [the MIDI file] file on your USB stick and plug it into the Motif XF.
Place the Motif XF in [SONG] mode
Press [FILE]
Set the TYPE = SMF
Use the LEFT CURSOR to move the highlight up to the DIRECTORY area
Use the DATA WHEEL or the [INC/YES] button to highlight the .MID file Name.

Use the RIGHT CURSOR and DOWN CURSOR to move to the bottom of the screen and set the target SONG location.

When you have highlighted data that matches the FILE TYPE selected and that can actually be loaded will “LOAD” appear above [SF2].

Press [SF2] LOAD to execute.

You do not see the word “LOAD” as an option unless you have selected (highlighted) the name of a file that can be loaded. When we say the Motif XF file management system is context sensitive, this is what it means. You will see .MID file because you entered FILE form SONG mode and because you selected SMF as the TYPE. Files that do not meet those criteria will not appear in the window. And only when you highlight a file that can be loaded does the LOAD option appear. Make sense?

If not immediately, after a while you begin to understand exactly what the XF is doing. You always see FOLDERS when you are navigating the FILE menus, because a FOLDER *could* possibly contain data of any TYPE. But the only FILES you see are those that can be opened or loaded according the FILE TYPE you have selected....”

Also, see This Article.

As you see, a MIDI File (SMF) gets LOADED to a SONG location on the XF.  There are several DEMO SONGS that come LOADED from the Factory.  If you target an “empty” SONG location, you will not overwrite anything.

Yes you can...and regularly should...back up your machine.  This is done to USB stick as an ALL File.

See page 241 of the XF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF6 for sale
Next Topic:

My new white Motif XF7 is on the way! ››