mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Controlling drawbars with Motif fader"

Posted on: December 16, 2014 @ 04:41 PM
MotifAndy
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-02-2014

Hi

So I’d like to control the drawbars of a VB3 VST module using the faders on my Motif XF.

Using the ‘MIDI learning’ mode the VB3 seems to pick up the same CC7 (volume) from all the faders. I’ve had a nose around and can’t see how to get each individual fader to send a different MIDI control message.

Other than that, controlling the VB3 works very well.

How can I change the control messages that are sent when I move the faders ?

Thank you

Andy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2014 @ 05:11 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The sliders cannot be used as you would like, sorry.

This question has been asked many times here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2014 @ 08:55 PM
woodcockr
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-10-2010

Hi,

I’ve an Motif XS and it seems to me this may be possible using Zones in MASTER mode. You may like to try setting up 8 zones - then in the KnobSlider page adjust the controller values for each of the sliders and knobs to whatever controller you like(they default to CC7 (Volume) all on Channel 1. You’ll need to setup up the Master so it transmits externally rather than internally.

I’ve not tried this particular application myself but have used the same Master technique to setup the knobs and sliders as I wish to control other VST soft synths. You may also be able to pass the controller output through a MIDI transformer to achieve more complex mappings.

Cheers

Rob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2015 @ 12:11 PM
MotifAndy
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-02-2014

You’re right - this works pretty well. I created and initialised a new Master. Then I chose zone mode and assigned MIDI codes to each slider. With that done, VB3 could learn each slider independently. I had to use a dial for the ninth drawbar as there are only eight sliders of course.

Thanks

Andy

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sequencer mode and measures/bars
Next Topic:

Can XF data load in XS ››