mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX - Song Mode vs. Pattern Mode"

Posted on: December 14, 2014 @ 10:02 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi,

I’m using the MOX primarily as a live keyboard playing voices (no arp, etc) . I’m starting to run out of banks in Song Mode to store my multi timbral setups which I access in master mode. Will pattern mode serve the same purpose as song mode ? Whats the primary difference between the two? Using the Melas editors to save voices, edit songs, and set up master mode.

Thanks,
Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2014 @ 10:06 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Yes, PATTERN Mode will work exactly the same for the way you are using SONG Mode.

The differences between SONG and PATTERN show a lot more in the recording process...not in using them for live play.

When recording, a person may consider whether they are approaching a tune as a linear entity (SONG Mode), or a series of intro-verses-choruses-bridge (PATTERN Mode).

These considerations are not present when you are using a MIXING as a repository for live-VOICE use.

Both Modes are handled in MASTER Mode the same way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2014 @ 10:19 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

For the purpose of setting up multi timbral mixings, the differences between Song and Pattern modes aren’t significant. Pattern Mode will give you another 64 locations beyond the 64 in Song Mode. Since there are 128 Masters available, if you do nothing else with them, you’ll have just enough.

EDIT: It seems that lately I’m posting, well, lately (in comparison to cmayhle).  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2014 @ 10:31 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Great, thanks !!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Improving stereo image for strings
Next Topic:

trasport a voice in a song ››