mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Playing live in song mode"

Posted on: December 13, 2014 @ 12:06 AM
hacksaw15
Total Posts:  17
Joined  02-04-2009

I got to be missing something simple. I play live in a band and also live alone. When playing alone in song mode how can I save a song where the track I want to play (Lets say piano) is the track that it will be on when ever I switch to that song. The way it is now when I switch songs it’s always on track 1. Is their a way to make it always be ready on another track? (Let’s say track 5 which is the track the piano is on.)Sometimes I don’t remember the track I should be playing on so have to search before I start to make sure I’m playing on the right track.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2014 @ 02:18 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I could be wrong, but I believe the machine will default to the first Track when a SONG or PATTERN is called up, and I don’t believe this can be changed.

If this is so, you can use the SONG Job--> Track-->Exchange Track (Page 95 MOX Reference Manual) to place the instrument you use first in that SONG MIX on Track 1.  In fact, you could set up your instruments in order on the MIX to increment through them, if that is helpful.

Remember (if it matters to you), the MIDI Receive channel (per PART in MIXING Mode) can be whichever is desired or required...independent of the Track number.  They are simply numbered consecutively along with the Track numbers by default.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2014 @ 11:17 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Only one track can be played in real time in Song/Pattern mode, so the “lit” track defaults to track 1 when a new Song or Pattern is loaded. I got into habit of using track 16 as my “me-me-me” track, so I actually just automatically hit that button every time I start a Song. Yeah, it’s an extra key push. But I then use track 15, track 14, etc. as any other Voice I may want to switch to in middle of the Song, like for a Solo or to alter an Organ patch, which would be kind of confusing if I used 1 thru 4 at the “front” of the list. In my brain, I keep the “last” tracks the playable tracks, 16 (being exactly opposite of track 1) is the first Voice. (By the way, if you hold down the Sustain pedal as you hit the last notes you can kind-of “cross fade” from one track to the next, which is a nice feature.) I also use the “last” tracks review different possible Voices for a Song while I’m still working it out, then I narrow it down to the main one and put it on (via the Exchange Track Job) track 16. It’s called Exchange Track, but it exchanges the voice parameters, with or without MIDI events being present.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2014 @ 11:54 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
muscarella - 13 December 2014 11:17 PM

Only one track can be played in real time in Song/Pattern mode....

Actually, you can play multiple tracks (PARTS) at the same time,if you assign each of them to the same MIDI channel.

It would be more accurate to say that only one MIDI channel can be played in real time in Song/Pattern Mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2014 @ 04:57 AM
hacksaw15
Total Posts:  17
Joined  02-04-2009

Exchange Track was just what I needed. I’ll create and record with track one being the default track. Thanks muscarella and cmayhle.

[ Ignore ]