mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "using MX drum sounds with a sequencer in another DAW, Reaper"

Posted on: November 28, 2014 @ 08:22 AM
KeithC
Total Posts:  35
Joined  04-20-2014

I use Cubase AI6 to utilze the VST3 instruments, like the YC3b, then record the audio output into my Tascam DP24 Portastudio.I however want to use a sequencer in Reaper called Megababy to sequence the drum sounds of my MX, then output the audio to the DP24. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface, so my question is, If I use the MIDI out of the MX into the scarlett, and back from the MIDI out of the scarlett to the MX I’m pretty sure I can program the MX’s drums to the sequencer, but will I be able to monitor the output through the cable back from the Interface to the MX using the MX’s audio outs. Or, does anyine know a simple method to easily sequence drums, whole songs, (not a bunch if sewn together beats) then output the audio to my portastudio. Lastly, should I remove,the FX from the MX’s drum sounds, and record each sound in mono adding the FX , and panning in mixdown? I’m still a newbie, as I’ve been ill for quite awhile, and haven’t really learned much since last June.

Thanks Keith

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2014 @ 01:00 PM
KeithC
Joined  04-20-2014

Bump, I see that there are people seeing the post, but not replying, so maybe this is a better post for this forum! How would one go about sequencing MX drum sounds in the MIDI Drum Map in Cubase AI6. I didn’t realize until this morning that it has a MIDI drum sequencer, but a recent illness has made it difficult to read much more than a few sentences at a time, so I haven’t gone very deep into the manuals. It’s supposedly not permanent, and I should be able to read normally by late January, but I’d love to record some drum tracks now!!! Would I be better off with something like EZDrummer, or one of Steven Slate’s programs? I want something that sounds real, and is fairly easy to program, but I’m still a newbie because I went 5 months without touching any of my gear only 2 months after my first encounter with DAW recording. Anyone who can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards to all, Keith

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2014 @ 07:32 AM
KeithC
Joined  04-20-2014

Bad_Mister, your mailbox is full, could you help me with this, not getting any replies?

Thanks, Keith

[ Ignore ]