mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES8 keyboard action stiff"

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 10:52 AM
delis
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-30-2004

Hello all.

Two years ago I bought a second-hand ES8, after selling my ES7, mainly because of the light action. Well, Murphy’s law is taking revengue. I find my ES8’s action much stiffer than any of the new stage-piano models and certainly stiffer than my U1’s action. Is there any way that I can remedy this?

Thanx in advance,

vasilis delis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2014 @ 06:22 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Yamaha uses and used many different keybeds and systems for their weighted action keyboards and quite honestly only Yamaha will be able to tell you if this is normal and/or if there’s anything that can be done to somehow ‘loosen’ up the action. I’d suggest a call or email to Yamaha’s main tech support center in Buena Park and ask them. Bear in mind you are talking about a 10 year old instrument that you purchased used (i.e. it might have been stored in a damp place, say, which caused the wood to expand… who knows?) so don’t raise your hopes too high.

Not that it will affect the physical action but one thing you might look at is the overall velocity response of the instrument. This might help the action ‘feel’ more responsive, in other words by experimenting with that setting you might find it feels less ‘hard work’.

[ Ignore ]