mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No sound in or out on Cubase -"

Posted on: November 25, 2014 @ 01:40 AM
Forrest88
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-15-2008

Finally got my Cubase and MOXF8 working together as far as getting it to record, yet cannot get any sound when local control is turned off when playing or on the recorded playback.  I know it must have something to do with the midi out yet cannot find where to get this connected correctly and working. 

Advice or links to threads on this would be appreciated.  THANKS.

PS - I checked and the mid thru is on.  I also find if I have local control off the Cubase shows my MOXF is playing in two channels, (two blue lines going up and down with playing) and I can hear the keyboard BUT it will not record anything even when when the transport moves with Record button on (the single blue line next to the other two does not move indicating nothing is recording).  When I do quick set up of DAW and the local control is off I hear no sound going in and none coming out BUT it will record the midi data, yet no sound and no playback.... SO, ???? not sure what is going on.  I check the “active” midi ports and it looks OK.  I followed Bad Misters “Basic Midi Recording for the MOXF” tutorial and it seems all is set yet again no sound going THRU in input or output.
Any other ideas would be helpful or other links where this has been an issue would be helpful - and thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2014 @ 08:03 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Forrest88,

I’ve read your post about 10 times and I still don’t properly understand it. 

Can you tell us what your aim is?

Can you tell us how you are hearing your MOXF and how everything is connected?

There seems to be some MIDI and audio confusion in your post and I am not clear what you actually want to record.

If I were you, I would do a factory reset on your MOXF (make sure you back up anything precious first) and then start again.

The key things that a lot of people forget to do when attempting to monitor their MOXF or record it using audio tracks in Cubase are things like forgetting to push the DAW level fader on the MOXF up to listen back to Cubase and forgetting that all sounds are routed out of outputs 3 and 4 on the MOXF as a default and will come in to Cubase on inputs 3 and 4. (They mistakenly try to use 1 and 2 and record nothing and rightly so)

As for MIDI, you should be able to make a simple recording and playback of MIDI data in any mode on the MOXF after a factory reset although the most relevant mode to work in with Cubase is SONG mode because it is a mode that supports 16 multiple parts and MIDI channels for them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2014 @ 01:37 AM
Forrest88
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-15-2008

HEY PHILWOOD,
Thanks for the input and your questions.  Bottom line aim is hear the keyboard when recording MIDI data in (perhaps audio in the future) and to hear it triggering the MOFX sounds on playback.

Right now I have found a way to get my sounds both recorded and played back.  Funny, though, I can only do this with the MOFX Local Control “on” yet this does not seem to be giving me a double or latency playback issue, as some describe.  If I turn Local Control off (or use the DAW “Quick Setup") there are no sounds coming in on recording or on playback, nor will it record midi data.  Any thoughts here?

I did a recent factory reset when I installed the new OS so perhaps this cleared any issues you may have been considering as caused by this.

I will check out the pieces you mentioned about the DAW level fader and how output and the inputs and outputs 3 & 4 and see it this allows the sound to be heard.  Also, open to any other input regarding MOFX & CUBASE “COMMUNICATION.” THANKS AGAIN

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2014 @ 03:10 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

How is everything connected?

How are you hearing the sound?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Problems using usb "to host" connection
Next Topic:

New member new instrument ››