mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problems using usb “to host” connection"

Posted on: November 24, 2014 @ 04:41 PM
lano
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-24-2014

Hi,
First, apologize for my poor english. I recently bought a MOXF6 and I am having difficult to connect with PC/IPAD. I searched the forum trying to find a similar problem but a I didn’t find. I had installed the latest firmware (v1.10) and configured the MIDI IN/OUT to USB. Regarding to Windows 7, I successfully installed the Steinberg Driver v1.9, but no device appears when I connect the MOXF6 to PC (via “TO HOST”), but the icon appears in windows panel control with no device attached. I tried with several USB cables that I used in printer,sound cards, others keyboard and no luck. I also installed Cubase AI 7 and Remote Tools but nothing changes. I tried my wife’s computer, that never had ASIO driver installed, but the keyboard was not detected. Then, to make the scenario easier (avoiding Windows/PC problems), I tried to connect the MOXF6 with a Ipad 4 with Camera Connection kit, no apps seems to find the MOXF6 interface (audio and Midi). Using a midi to USB cable and the midi connectors of the keyboard, I can make the Ipad connection and running all midi apps, but the main reason I bought the MOXF6 was to use audio+midi in a single cable, not the audio and usb-midi cable separately. Using the same configuration and cable (USB “to host” ->IPAD/PC), I can make others keyboards (korg M50 and akai MP25) work, but the MOXF6 refuse to. Maybe the USB “to host” connector is dead. The USB “to device” has no problem. Is there any other thing I can do? Is it possible to measure the voltage in the connection to verify if it is dead?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2014 @ 04:52 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The “Steinberg driver” is only for audio. You need to also install the Yamaha USB/MIDI driver.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2014 @ 05:40 PM
lano
Joined  11-24-2014

Hi “meatballfulton”, this driver is not available in yamaha MOXF6 support files (http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&category_id=16381&product_id=1816955). I will try when I get home. But what about the Ipad connectivity? Any clues?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2014 @ 09:48 PM
lano
Joined  11-24-2014

I tried the Yamaha USB/Midi driver with no luck. I think it’s a hardware fault.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Live Volume
Next Topic:

No sound in or out on Cubase - ››