mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help with loading files"

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 11:23 AM
soundray
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-16-2011

Hi all, I’m a happy owner of a Motif XS 6 (1Gb ram installed). But I’m also a newbie. Although I have read the full manual, I cannot understand a problem I experience while loading .X0A files.
An example: I load the SteelGuitarXS.X0A. Loading goes fine. But when I play the USER 3 bank where the bank has loaded to, I hear noise together with the samples, as if the data was corrupted or the sample rate was different. This happens with quite a few banks from my library, like the Motifator banks: Brass, Digital Sound Factory Steinway XS Grand, Digital Sound Factory Vocal XSpressions, Digital Sound Factory World XSpedition, Mo Skool 2, etc.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 11:38 AM
valarie
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-22-2009

I have the same problems please help
Name. Roosevelt bridgewater email

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 12:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum, soundray and valarie.

Corruption of loaded samples is typically due to installation of incompatible SDRAM modules (DIMMs), although sometimes it can be caused by poor contact between the modules and the DIMM sockets.

See page 295 of the XS Owner’s Manual for specs and installation information. If you don’t have the manual, a PDF copy can be downloaded:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/10074

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 01:15 PM
soundray
Joined  03-16-2011

Thank you, I checked the sdram modules installed, they seem to be old and outdated, so I bought brand new dimms. In a few days I’ll write here on the outcome :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 01:30 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
soundray - 19 November 2014 01:15 PM

Thank you, I checked the sdram modules installed, they seem to be old and outdated, so I bought brand new dimms. In a few days I’ll write here on the outcome :-)

You’re welcome.

Plenty of “old” DIMMs work just fine, and unfortunately “new” doesn’t guarantee compatibility. Hopefully you’ll be telling us that the ones you got are functioning well in your XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 02:09 PM
soundray
Joined  03-16-2011

I bought these:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/201217410953?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 02:52 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
soundray - 19 November 2014 02:09 PM

I bought these:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/201217410953?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

From that page:
Referenzqualität von Kingston mit Goldkontakten speziell für den Audio-Bereich, dadurch garantiert keine Störungen.
Beste Signalübertragung und Langzeitstabilität, ohne Rauschen oder Verzerrungen, wie bei billig RAM möglich!
SPD-Chip nach Spezifikation von Yamaha programmiert, dadurch 100% kompatibel
----------
Google’s translation:
Reference quality of Kingston with gold plated contacts specially for the audio range, thus guaranteeing no interference.
Best signal transmission and long-term stability, possible without noise or distortion, as in cheap RAM!
Programmed SPD chip on the specification of Yamaha, thus 100% compatible
----------
My own translation:
Reference quality from Kingston with gold (plated) contacts specifically for audio applications, thereby guarantees no interference.
Best signal transmission and long-term stability, without noise or distortion, as possible with cheap RAM!
SPD chip programmed to Yamaha specification, thus 100% compatible.

That’s quite impressive hyperbole. However, there’s a fair chance they’ll work correctly. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 05:42 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

The memory we sell here on Motifator.com is tested and guaranteed to be compatible with Motif and we of course support that ourselves with whatever questions you might have.

I’m assuming you purchased this elsewhere so, understandably, you will need to contact the people you purchased from.

Same goes for the voice data, although it would be most unlikely that several unconnected products shared a problem. If you purchased these through Motifator, though, we are always happy to send replacement files if people ever feel there’s a problem. Please contact if you need.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2014 @ 08:02 PM
soundray
Joined  03-16-2011

The ones I bought ( http://www.ebay.it/itm/201217410953?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 ) fixed the issue and work beautifully :-)

[ Ignore ]