mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Q. Use of Zones in Master Mode.."

Posted on: November 18, 2014 @ 01:19 PM
Mystic38
Total Posts:  79
Joined  09-04-2010

I am looking to hopefully consolidate my S70XS and Fantom G into a Motif XF7 but I am having difficulty in understanding if i can replicate one of the Live functional capabilities of the Fantom G.. where i may have several zones setup for external gear and enable/disable the respective midi channels by button(pad) presses..

So, I have fumbled through the Motif XF manual and the helpful master mode guide here on motifator and believe I understand how to setup a fixed master for zones with use of internal/external sounds.. but have not seen an answer to a relatively simple question…

Can I turn zones on/off at will from buttons on the keyboard, or is there any other way to turn ext. midi tx ch on/off from the keyboard.. or is this only done through the menu?..

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2014 @ 03:34 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

From the Supplementary Manual provided with the OS updates...new per OS update v1.40:

New function of the [PERFORMANCE
CONTROL] button in the Master mode

When the Mode is set to “Song” or “Pattern” and Zone Switch is
set to “on” in the Master Play mode, the [PERFORMANCE
CONTROL] button works as follows:

• [1] – [8] buttons
Each of these will turn the Internal Switches of Zone 1 – 8 on/off.
• [9] – [16] buttons
Each of these will turn the External Switches of Zone 1 – 8 on/off.

NOTE: The on/off status of the Internal Switch/External Switch can be confirmed via the corresponding lamp.

Hopefully your machine has been updated to the latest OS v1.50, in which case this functionality is ready to use.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2014 @ 06:15 PM
Mystic38
Total Posts:  79
Joined  09-04-2010

Ah..there it is.... lol

I dont have an XF yet, and doing my due diligence .. this was the one feature in the FG that i simply could not give up, so I am glad this has been added..  now i just have to decide if i can give up the weighted keys of the S70xs..

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2014 @ 06:17 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Mystic38 - 18 November 2014 06:15 PM

Ah..there it is.... lol

I dont have an XF yet, and doing my due diligence .. this was the one feature in the FG that i simply could not give up, so I am glad this has been added..  now i just have to decide if i can give up the weighted keys of the S70xs..

thanks

You could do as I did and purchase an XF8.

[ Ignore ]