mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX songs."

Posted on: November 17, 2014 @ 10:10 AM
The Mnk
Total Posts:  16
Joined  11-17-2014

Hi, I’m new here, I recently purchased a MOX6, while studying its interface I wonder if there is any place where you can hear songs created with MOX users.

Sorry for my english and thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2014 @ 02:23 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Hello and welcome!

The MoSongs forum is very well populated. This is the place where people post songs, many of them recorded on their MO/Motif instruments. You could either just browse that forum or do a search and see how many people specifically identify MOX as the source.

A couple of other points of interest:

The sequencer engine (Pattern and Song formats) of MOX is extremely similar to that of any of the Motif models. All models use the same basic style of recording - either looping Patterns in 16 Sections that can be ‘chained’ into Songs or just ‘linear’ Song recording to begin with. All models offer 16 tracks with reasonable note editing. Voices and effects have steadily increased both in number and ‘quality’ over the years with each new model.

While hearing other people’s MOX-recorded music may be interesting, and hopefully encouraging, MOX is just a paintbox. How the final painting will look - a series of meaningless squiggles or the Mona Lisa - really depends on the skill of the artist. The best way to make better music on your MOX is to be a better player, arranger, and writer. Mastering the instrument is important too of course.

Good luck with everything and do post questions when you run into any roadblocks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2014 @ 03:46 PM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

The best place to find MOX songs being played is on U-Tube.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2014 @ 04:08 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
MrMotif - 17 November 2014 02:23 PM

...While hearing other people’s MOX-recorded music may be interesting, and hopefully encouraging, MOX is just a paintbox. How the final painting will look - a series of meaningless squiggles or the Mona Lisa - really depends on the skill of the artist…

That is an excellent statement MrMotif, and bears repeating...which I have just done!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2014 @ 07:20 PM
The Mnk
Total Posts:  16
Joined  11-17-2014

Thanks all, I agree with your comment, i give you a look.

[ Ignore ]