mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Patch change from S90ES to Ultranova"

Posted on: October 28, 2014 @ 10:15 PM
Duffage
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-02-2005

Hello, I’m attempting to send patch change information to a Novation Ultranova, from an S90ES in Master Mode. I have read and followed the directions in Phil’s “Understanding S90 ES Master Mode” Power User file. Where I’m stuck though, I think, is the screen asking for “Bank MSB” & “Bank LSB” for the appropriate zone. Other than trying every combination possible, does anyone know the correct numbers to accomplish this task?
Thanks.
Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2014 @ 11:06 PM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

If I am understanding your issue correctly, these are the MSB, LSB (and Prog Chg) numbers for the patch that you are trying to select on the Ultranova . These should be listed in the User Manual for Ultranova .

Does this help?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2014 @ 11:41 PM
Duffage
Joined  02-02-2005

You are correct, they should be listed in the Novation manual.
They are not.
I found a MIDI implementation chart on the Novation site which(if I’m understanding it correctly, and I very well may not) indicates the numbers 0 for MSB and 32 for LSB.
They did not activate a patch change for me.
I am awaiting a response from their tech support as well, but thought someone here may have encountered this also.
Thanks for replying!
Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2014 @ 03:10 AM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

I had a look at the document you mentioned which confirms that the CONTROL CHANGE (CC) for MSB=0 and LSB=32

Now, my understanding is that the Zone Switch already assumes that, what it needs you to enter is the subsequent values for the Bank select (and which you currently do not know because of lack of documentation).

Now, look at p4 again of Phil Clendenin’s article, and experiment with MSB values of around 063 and LSB values of, say, 000 and upwards. And Prog Chg numbers of 000 and up.

Make sure that Midi Receive is activated on the Novation.

Phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2014 @ 02:46 PM
Duffage
Joined  02-02-2005

Thanks Phil, I’m very appreciative of your help.

I will try your recommendation. I did start that experiment initially, but the number of combinations was daunting. I should point out that the Ultranova will “play” via the S90ES and responds to “clock” tempo’s just fine, so I’m assuming it’s receiving some MIDI commands.
Novation has been supportive in the past, I just have to be patient for a couple of days.

Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2014 @ 11:22 PM
Duffage
Joined  02-02-2005

I’m happy to report that Novation has responded with the information I needed. MSB = 0 LSB = 1 (bank A); 2 (bank B) etc.
Life is so much easier now.
Thank you again Phil for your help and explanations.

Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Split-Keyboard with Ability to Hold or Sustain 2nd Voice
Next Topic:

New library? ››