mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Demo USB sounds…"

Posted on: October 27, 2014 @ 07:14 PM
Stashman
Total Posts:  79
Joined  08-24-2014

Any advice on how to demo small batch of sounds (under 100mb) from USB drive without writing them to memory?

Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2014 @ 07:50 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/451575/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2014 @ 08:09 PM
Stashman
Joined  08-24-2014

Thx 5pinDIN! Appreciated much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2014 @ 09:38 PM
Stashman
Joined  08-24-2014

Wow! I must have missed something? It loaded all my USB sounds into user bank 1 when all I wanted to do was preview them in the user memory. Is this even possible? Then all my other user banks that contained the inspiration in a flash voices all said initialized and I was unable to play any of them. Ended up having to do a factory reset… Not sure what I did wrong? I just wanted to demo some of the sounds that were on my USB drive without writing them to flash, Or having them take up user bank memory.
I’m lost…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2014 @ 11:26 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I referred to the particular thread because Bad_Mister explained what type of files could be directly auditioned. The function is limited to WAV and AIFF files - they can be played directly from the USB drive (as long as they meet certain criteria), and no loading is involved.

The XF has 128 MB of User SDRAM. Since you have less than 100 MB of samples, there’s no reason they have to be loaded to a flash module. In fact, if you just want to listen to Waveforms that are in an XF file, that can be done without loading any User Voices.

Please tell us what form the “small batch of sounds” is in, so that a method of auditioning them can be explained. If it’s an XF file, what is the name of the file, complete with file extension?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Hardware utility
Next Topic:

Parameter with Voice on motif xf ››