mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF USB driver compatible with Snow Leopard?"

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 12:18 PM
Botanicus
Total Posts:  20
Joined  06-03-2014

Hi,

I’m restoring my old Macbook which can only go as far as Snow Leopard OS.  I was going to download the Yamaha MOXF Steinberg USB driver but then noticed that it needed OS 10.7.5 (Lion) or above.

Has anybody used this driver with success in 10.6.8?  If not, is there another driver that might work?  Otherwise it’s back to the Axiom for the MB, but it would be great to integrate the MOXF.

Thanks....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2014 @ 06:00 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Why don’t you use the last one that was qualified for use on Snow Leopard.

in your case V1.8.0

The version notes for 1.9.0 from 1.8.0 say “Improved audio input and output performance” which is vague to say the least, despite probably being true. 

I’m certainly not using the most current version (because I haven’t updated yet) and it works perfectly.

At least with 1.8.0, you’d be using the correct driver for the correct OS, which is probably more correct than using the wrong driver for the wrong OS.

There’s also nothing to suggest that 1.9.0 doesn’t have anything in it that will need changing either, it’s just the latest and I’m sure the version notes for 1.10.0 (if and when it comes out) will reveal all.

If you erred on the side of caution each time, you’d probably never install a driver at all.

1.8.0 has been around a while and has certainly had some use.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2014 @ 12:46 AM
Botanicus
Total Posts:  20
Joined  06-03-2014

Thanks for the link!

[ Ignore ]