mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t find ASIO Steinberg USB Driver"

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 09:17 AM
rlared
Total Posts:  26
Joined  01-19-2013

I have a MOX8 that has been working totally fine for the last year or so.  I have been using it with different DAW’s (Sonar X3, Studio One, Reaper) and it’s been working well with the Yamaha Steinberg ASIO driver that is installed when the MOX USB driver is installed.

About 2 weeks ago, I saw there was a newer version on Yamaha’s MOX8 support page, so I upgrade to the newest one (1.8.4 I believe).  Around that time, there were also a few Windows Security Updates that installed.

After that time, my DAW’s can no longer see the ASIO driver no matter what I do.  I’ve tried uninstalling the driver, reinstalling, restarting, trying different versions of the driver (also tried 1.7.3 on the website) and the problem is the same no matter what.  The soundcard portion works fine (i.e. I can hear sounds from my computer coming through the MOX USB).  It’s just that the ASIO driver doesn’t show in my DAW programs. 

When I open the Steinberg USB Control Panel widget, it shows the ASIO driver in there and the settings like normal.  Could it be that something in my registry is corrupt?  I figured I’d try posting here before I go and just format the computer and reinstall everything.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2014 @ 05:01 PM
rlared
Total Posts:  26
Joined  01-19-2013

Well I ended up and formatted my computer and now it’s working again.  Maybe something got corrupt. . . hope it doesn’t happen again!

[ Ignore ]